Saturday, November 04, 2006

Comfortably Numb


An unwritten and unspoken rule about being a part of the Sagers family is the requisite love for all things Pink Floyd. I don't know, it's just like we all came out of the womb with an involuntary affinity for Pink Floyd's indescribable music--it's sorta psychadelic, sorta wierd, sorta hard rock, sorta ballad-ish--it is hard to put their music in a specific genre. Whatever it is, it is truly spectacular, and we love it!

I'll never forget when Ashley was about 12 years old, and she put the ol' rumored legend to the test by playing Dark Side of the Moon while watching The Wizard of Oz. (Click here to get specific directions.) And guess what? It works! IT IS SO FREAKY! Anyway, we love the fact that she married Jordan who also shares our passion for PF (at least to a certain degree . . . . Okay, he likes the band enough that he isn't completely annoyed with us going on and on about it all).

Sean and Christian are way into Pink Floyd too (understatement), so we thought it would be a grand outing for our entire family to go to the Australian Pink Floyd concert. And we did! We had a blast. We especially loved the giant inflatable pink pig with red eyes. Too cool for words. I made the silly mistake of thinking I could take my camera into the arena to get a cool family group shot in front of, oh I don't know, maybe the concession stands, the staircase, the restrooms? I don't know what I was thinking. Anyway, I was told at the door that my camera would not be allowed into the building so Dave had to high-tail it back to the car to put my camera away. We did accost some poor guy in the parking lot after the show to take this shot of us all in front of the E Center. Then it was " . . . home, home again. I like to be here when I can." You gotta love it. Really.

No comments: