Thursday, February 15, 2007

Able Men Envy It


Which of you clever wordsmiths out there can determine a more appropriate phrase to say on February 14th than "able men envy it" by using the same letters? (Yes, it is an anagram, one of my favorite word games to play. Thanks for indulging me.)

More fun and games: During our Valentine's Day feast (which was held one day prior to the actual holiday due to the fact that all of us had our own fun agenda for Valentine's Day . . . except Sean. His agenda wasn't so fun. Work, don't you know). Anywho, we played a game during dinner which I will try to recreate here. Since we were celebrating the day of LOVE, we played a game where we each named something we loved, starting with the letter "A," and worked our way through the alphabet repeating the previous words and adding our own. If you look close enough I'll just bet you can determine the exact four-person rotation of the game (the players, in no particular order were Dave, Dee, Sean and Christian). Every fourth entry is by the same person, and there seems to be a theme with each. Check it out, (and I'm hoping I can remember them all):

I LOVE . . .
Animals
Basses
Candles
Desserts
Elephants
Fenders
Grapes
Halloween
Isocoles triangles
Junipers
Kitchen Aids
Licorice (black)
Monkeys
Naperville
Opera costumes
Popcicles
Quail
Rickenbachers
Shopping
Tempura
Unicorns
Valentine's Day
Weddings
X-rays
Y, ummmmmm, yeah, Y, ummmmm think, think, think, drat!
Zebra!

I can't believe I can't remember "Y." In any event, can you determine the order of the players by their word choices? Spoiler alert: Don't read on if you haven't figured it out. The first player was Christian, then Sean, then Dee, then Dave. And what was "Y?" It's going to bug me all day . . . .

2 comments:

Dave said...

I have figured out the anagram, but will not publish it here so that others my try as well. Good luck!

Ashley said...

I figured it out toooo!