Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Okay, I'm Just Going to Give In

I can't hold it back any longer, I've tried, but I'm just going to give in and brag, brag, brag. My kids are the greatest. Period. There. I said it. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it. What has prompted this latest brag session you ask? Well, besides the fact that I recognize on a daily basis that each of my children is stuffed to the brim with all sorts of goodness, kindness, obedience, maturity, empathy, spirituality, brains, and love, among other things, during this past week or so they each coughed up an unbelievable array of straight "A's" and phenomenal test scores. Every one of them. And I can't stand it anymore--I have to shout that I AM SO PROUD OF MY KIDS! But beyond the test scores and grades, I am so proud that my children are so obedient and so close to the Lord. I often say that I would be so jealous if someone else had the privilege of being their mother. I am so blessed to have that role, and it reduces me to sloppy tears at the very thought. Excuse me now while I go blow my nose.

No comments: