Tuesday, May 06, 2008

And So Now the Waiting Begins . . .

New Zealand? Spain? Virginia? Aruba? Osaka? The Cayman Islands? Pocatello, Idaho? Where in the world will Sean go on his mission?

Yes, it's true! Sean has submitted his mission papers to serve a two-year LDS mission, and now the waiting and guessing games begin. We figure he will receive his call on either the 14th or the 21st of May. Can you believe it? He is so prepared, so mature, so ready, so full of Christ's light, so wonderful, that I can hardly keep from weeping when I think about him. I weep with gladness for his goodness, and I weep for my selfish self in knowing how much I will miss him while he is away for two years. I am so happy he has chosen to serve the Lord in this way. I am so proud of Sean. I am so proud to be his mom. I am so blessed beyond deserving to be his mom. Sean is so extra special, and I know it, the Lord knows it, and I pray that Sean knows it. Mark my words, he will make a difference in this world. I love you with all of my heart and soul, my Seanie Boy.

4 comments:

Kristen Parnell said...

I can't wait to hear where he goes. Wish I knew your kids better-- they seem like really great ones. I especially wish I could hear them play their music... can you attach a clip of them playing some time??

Tigh, Jacque, & Charlotte said...

How sweet Deon! I wish I knew your boys better. I can't wait to hear where he goes!

The McDonald's said...

Wow, I can't believe Sean is old enough to be going on a mission. Time sure does fly. How exciting though and I can't wait to hear where he goes.

sherman and juliette said...

Good for you Sean, that is so exciting! Sounds like he will be an excellent missionary! Can't wait to hear the good news!