Thursday, February 05, 2009

Maybe the Piccolo Would Have Been a Better Choice?

As part of our Christmas gift to my mom and Dave's parents, we recently treated them to dinner and a night at the symphony. Just as the orchestra was performing their final tuning before the start of the program, one of the musicians got light-headed and completely fainted dead over . . . bringing three music stands and her instrument down with her. Her instrument? The upright bass. Ow, that was loud enought to awaken that white-headed couple who managed to drift off almost as soon as they took their seats. (Edith? What was that, Edith? Oh my, is it over already? Well, c'mon then. Let's go.) BTW, I saw the musician in the lobby being treated by the EMTs, and she was just dandy. I overheard her talking on her cell to her mom, and it turns out all she needed was a quick trip to Burger King and a nice long nap.

1 comment:

Randy or Jen said...

All I need is Burger King and nice long nap too! Maybe, I should faint! I'm just saying...