Friday, October 30, 2009

Oh, And By the Way, Would It Be Too Much Trouble . . .


Quite honestly, I thought the days of making a last-minute mad scramble to put together a Halloween costume were a thing of the past. I'm happy to report, NOT!





9:00 p.m. Decision made by son that he really does want a costume for . . . wait for it . . . the. very. next. morning. early.

9:05 p.m. Mooch white duct tape from neighbor

9:10 p.m. More neighbor mooching--this time red yarn

9:20 p.m. Go green by recycling a recycled shirt from D.I. which was recycled from a previous Gilligan costume (got that?)

9:30 p.m. Make pom pom with red yarn after calling a different neighbor for pom pom tutorial

9:40 p.m. Apply strips of white duct tape to red shirt

9:45 p.m. Rip off duct tape and begin again

9:55 p.m. Attach pom pom to hat/apply duct tape to hat/ rip off duct tape from hat/leave hat duct tape-free

10:05 p.m. A cane! A cane! My kingdom for a cane! Flounder around looking for any semblance of a cane!

10:15 p.m. Spy cardboard tubing of wrapping paper roll happily sitting in garbage

10:16 p.m. Light bulb switches on over my head

10:17 p.m. Flounder around looking for a stand-in for a cane's crook

10:18 -
10:25 p.m. Hmmm. Sigh. What?what?what? Hmmmmm. Brain drainage

10:26 p.m. Roll brown grocery bag into a cylinder, bend, jam end into cardboard tubing

10:30 p.m. More duct tape usage as entire cane is basically embalmed

10:40 p.m. Venture into arctic-like temperatures and commence spray painting (full disclosure: I stayed toasty warm while the menfolk were out in the arctic tundra)

11:00 p.m. We present . . .





WHERE'S CHRISTIAN WALDO? Could he be any more adorable?






Before going to bed, Christian was instructed to NOT put his socks in the laundry basket. The landfill is now their home sweet home.

3 comments:

The Morris Family said...

I think you are up for the World's Greatest Mom award! Good job!
Christian makes a very handsome Waldo! :)

Beth said...

I love "Where's Waldo"! Christian is perfect! (not just as Waldo!) You are the best mom ever! And so creative!

jpkopp54 said...

Just wanted to send a quick hello - I saw that you commented on Melissa's blog - so I hope it's ok. This new technology is great for keeping up with all the kids - now that they are all grown up and moved all over the country. I hope you are doing well and please give my best to Dave. I think of you guys often - and yes, it's always good!
John Kopp