Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Tryptophan-dango





By my reckoning, we should all be about half way through our stash of left-over-and-gradually-drying-out-to-Sahara-like-aridness Thanksgiving turkey meat (white and dark) lurking in the recesses of the old Frigidaire. And, just for curiosity sake, who likes that dark meat anyway? With its muscle-y stringyness and myoglobin protiens floating around? Ew. Say! I have an absolutely brilliant idea! Why don't they sell only the white meat part of a turkey? Seriously! Yeehaw! I think I smell a very lucrative marketing idea bringing me fame and fortune . . . . What? When? Oh. Geez. Why am I always the last one to know? Darn that Jennie-O, anyway.

But wait. If there is no dark meat . . . how does a turkey strut around without any drumsticks . . . I'm confused.

Click on images to better read a couple of my
Thanksgiving vocabulary words and definitions
(I have more, but I don't want to outstay my welcome)


6 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh my gosh, Deon! Is that YOUR Thanksgiving?! It is the table setting of my dreams!! Beautifully done. Perhaps some day (when paper plates don't seem like the only unbreakable option) I can celebrate my holidays in style.

Thanks for the comment on Loubell! I love, love, LOVE to bake, and just throw those recipes out to the world in hopes that someone else will enjoy them as well.

I think the next time my mom comes out, we all need to get together. As a matter of fact, I think it's a MUST!

Ashley said...

Jordan loves the dark meat! Thanks for the delicious food! Feasts like that don't come around every day!

Beth said...

What a beautiful Thanksgiving table! Very elegant!

The Morris Family said...

You are so funny and witty. Makes me feel a little bit insecure in my blogging!
I heart your table. So pretty and fancy! That is what my dream Thanksgiving table looks like!

Jenni Elyse said...

I eat the dark meat, but not as much as the white meat.

Your table is so pretty!

Lisa said...

My hats and your Thanksgiving vocabulary words and definitions? Girl, we would have Thanksgiving Extroadinare!! I Love Love Love your beautiful table. Doug, who never allows me to throw any food away (influenced by something Brigham Young said once...) begged me the other day to chuck the rest of that turkey. Gladly!