Saturday, January 23, 2010

The Answer

You came back! Oh, I knew you would come back. I feel validated now. And for those of you who don't understand that reference, I'm sad for you. Kidding! Just go back one post for some cuteness and to get back into the loop. Hurry along, now. Don't be late.

In keeping with the adorable we're-not-too-old-for-a-toys-R-us theme, Christian delivered this answer late at night to the jack-in-the-box girl's front porch:



She triggers each button, and voila', she has her answer:

And now for the rest of the story (to be read in Paul Harvey's deep {and dead} voice): Unfortunately, Christian never did attend the preference dance because of the last-minute decision by the American Fork Marching Band to compete in the Grand Nationals in Indianapolis. The jack-in-the-box girl who asked Christian to the dance just couldn't muster up the energy to trot out to the midwest for a date, so she asked someone else. Christian tells us that apparently the "someone else" reported that he received his very first kiss EVER the night of the dance. From the jack-in-the-box girl. Huh. Missed opportunity or a dodged bullet? I'm not saying a thing.

7 comments:

The Morris Family said...

I say bullet dodged! Who wants kisses anyway? Just kidding!

I think the invitation and the answer are both very clever! A+ for creativity!!!

Beth said...

I vote for the bullet dodged! At his age, he should just be sharing Hershey kisses!

Ashley said...

Bullet dodged! HAHA. I never saw the response from Christian. That is very cute. Kimball would love that toy, especially the cell phone panel.

Jenni Elyse said...

It depends on whether the girl is just giving out kisses to give out kisses. If she really liked Christian, then missed opportunity. But, if she's a kissing slut (no offense intended), then I say bullet dodged! Otherwise, Christian would just be one more tick on her kissing chart. ;)

Lisa said...

I think I'll join you, Deon, and not say a thing!

Melissa said...

I thought I commented on this a few days ago, but apparently not. For that, I apologize.

I love, love, love both ideas. We never did ANY of this when I was growing up. Getting asked (which really never happened for me anyway) was just boring. What a cute way to ask somebody out.

PS...Um, is Christian a cutie, or what?!! :)

Melissa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.