Thursday, January 07, 2010

Hakuna Masada


"Hakuna matata" means something akin to no worries for the rest of your life, assuming I've been sitting up and paying attention during my Disney movie viewing sessions. And believe you me, there have been pu-lenty of those Disney movie sessions over the years. Sometimes the kids would even sit in on them with me . . . .

Well, if we follow my warped sense of logic (and just humor me here, k?), "hakuna masada" would bear an almost identical meaning to "hakuna matada." At least for Christian. (I don't want to clank you over the head, but did you notice that I said "masada" with a bit of a lispy ess in the middle? Try it. It's fun. Say it with me--masssssssada. Fun, no?) Okay, so here is my logic: After mucking around in a mess of paper mache' paste and throwing sand here and there, and endandering his own life with small power tools, Christian emerged as the 2009 Architect and Builder of the Year as he presented his Masada replication for all the world to see and admire, including Mr. Atwood, Christian's 4th period Ancient History teacher. Ooohs and aaaaahhhs were flying with Christian receiving 90 points for the project. Uh, out of a possible 50. Huh. Want more? This was an extra credit* project, so it is merely icing on the charmed cakes of Christian's life. No worries for the rest of his life--or at least 4th period Ancient History with good ol' Mr. Atwood. Christian's work here is done, thank you very much. (Now if only I was the type of gal to pay for grades. But, alas, nope.)

Drat. Now I've got Nathan Lane's voice stuck in my heading singing "Hakuna Matada" over and over and over and over and over . . . . Make it stop! For the love of pete, make it stop. Waaahh.

*Family policy dictates that if extra credit is offered, extra credit is done. Yeah, man.





9 comments:

Ashley said...

Wow, it turned out so good! I want to see a video of the little "tank" heading up the ramp.

The Morris Family said...

That is so awesome! Congratulations on the 'extra' extra credit! Where were you when I needed extra credit done?

Jenni Elyse said...

That's awesome! Good job, Christian! I love it and I'm sure Corey will too since he's a huge fan of Israel. I'm sending him over to the blog now. We'll see if he actually comments. ;)

Beth said...

What a perfect Masada! I would also like to see the little rover in action! Congrats!

Ellen James said...

Holy COW, that is so totally awesome! These poor kids, doing everything they can for extra credit. Kudos to Christian! :)

Lisa said...

I feel a line from the Sound of Music coming on...."Is there anything [he] can't do??"

Smith said...

Useful information. Lucky me I discovered your site by chance,and I am surprised why this coincidence did not happened in advance!I bookmarked it.jow

Donade said...

Great information about nice Masada!! Your blog is the first one I look for in my inbox everyday. Love this new series.Your web site offered us with useful information to work on.

Muller said...

My brother suggested I might like this website. He was totally right. This post truly made my day. You can not imagine simply how much time I had spent for this information! Thanks!