Saturday, January 09, 2010

Splish Splash He Was Takin' a Bath!





As a passel of us gathered at Ashley and Jordan's one evening, the highlight of the night for most of our crowd was watching "A Night at the Opera" with the Marx brethren. (No comment. I mean, there just really is no accounting for taste, is there. So, no comment. I will admit that the Marx Brothers are better than The Three Stooges, which isn't saying much. But no comment from me. Except! to say that I just don't get it. Enough said. No comment. Alright, alright! It was pretty funny when Groucho was hawking peanuts to the audience during "Il Travatore." Yeah, that was pretty funny. And that part with the four beds? That was pretty funny. And when Groucho says, 'How would you like to feel like she looks?' That was pretty funny. But, no comment. I'm not going to say anything about it being a "unique" *cough-unsophisticated-cough*kind of humor . Don't want to hurt anyone's Dave's feelings. So I'm not going to say one single word about it.)

But where was I? Oh! So, my favorite highlight of the evening (which happened to be Kimball's first birthday!) came prior to the movie as I watched baby Kimball receive the royal treatment in his own secluded and well-appointed spa get-away. His extremely qualified hair stylist decided to go with The Pointy Look ala Dr. Suess. It's all the rage don't you know. Theodore Geisel would be so proud. I'm quite sure that Kimball isn't going to let all of this attention to his hair go to his head, but he is a trendsetter, that one. And we can all say we knew him when.


"If you never did, you should. These things are fun, and fun is good."--Dr. Seuss


5 comments:

Jordan said...

I can't look at that last picture and not laugh. Those teeth! And him trying to drink the shampoo. What a character.

As far as the Marx Brothers go...maybe you have to be in the right mood? I actually thought it was pretty funny!

Ashley said...

Aw man, that first comment was me. Sorry! I'm sure Jordan will love the pictures too, when he gets a chance to see them.

The Morris Family said...

I love the picture with Kimball's teeth! He is growing so quickly! Bath time is a fun time, no matter how old you are!

Beth said...

I love bath time! Nothing smells better than snuggles from a freshly bathed baby! Good clean fun!

Kathleen said...

I think the spikey hair/dr. seuss look is good for Kimball. And those photos will be GREAT for when he's a senior in high school and you need a baby photo for the yearbook.