Thursday, February 04, 2010

LXXXXII or XCII, Your Choice


HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE MOST
WONDERFUL, BEAUTIFUL, LOVING,
UNSELFISH, RIGHTEOUS
MOTHER, GRANDMOTHER AND
GREAT GRANDMOTHER!!!

My mother is one of the most amazing people I know. She is 92 years old and is still keeping her own house, doing her own shopping, always keeping up with the current events, looking out for her children, grandchildren and great grandchildren. She rarely complains about anything except when the snowplow leaves a mess at the end of her driveway preventing her from driving to one of her beloved Daughters of the Utah Pioneers meetings. (If she's really in a mood, she will take matters into her own hands and shovel herself out. Easy does it!)

She loves to visit and play games with her family. Her mind is as sharp as a tack, so don't try to cheat at Scattergories--she'll do that herself (and defend her logic quite effectively). She keeps herself looking as cute as a button and will always notice if I am wearing something new. She is a mover and a shaker, that one. Good luck getting Mom to sit still for more than 30 minutes--she always says, "I'm NOT a rocking chair grandma!" No siree.

I love my mom for the values and morals she instilled in me simply by her example. Cheating at Scattergories aside, Mom would never consider doing anything dishonest, even driving an hour back to a store to return five cents. Although it sounds like a cliche', Mom was always putting the needs of her six little rascals before her own. Her family still means everything to her. Everything.

I couldn't have wished for a better mom than my mom. I'm so glad that she's mine. I love her so.


3.2 seconds flat



Having charmed our waiter, Mom proceeds to break his heart telling him she's booked for next Saturday night (DUP meeting and all . . . )




Four generations of that good ol' Idaho pioneer stock
(Apparently, the Daughters of the Utah Pioneers choose not to discriminate.)





9 comments:

Ashley said...

It's all true! Happy birthday, Grandma!!!

Jenni Elyse said...

Happy birthday, Grandma!

Gwyl said...

Happy Birthday Mom.

The Morris Family said...

Happy Birthday Grandma! We sure love you!!!
Love,
Jen, Randy and Addison

Beth said...

What a great tribute to Grandma Bea! Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Melissa said...

Well, I was originally coming to tell you about Chinese and Russian theories on Haiti...but looks like you've got that covered. So - now I can say, "Happy Birthday Deon's Mom! You're so cute!"

Deon said...

So glad you have my back, Melissa. But yup. I'm good on those conspiracy theories, as you saw. Mbye-bye anonymous.

Dave said...

....Not to mention the BEST Mother in Law a guy could ever have! Love ya lots!!!