Monday, March 22, 2010

And the Fernwoods Go To . . .


We have a winner, folks!

But before I announce the winner, I need to thank you all (the hoards and hoards of you) who participated in my dippy little caption contest. So thanks! And now, without further ado, the winner is . . .









Stop the presses! Before I announce the winner I need to admit that I about split a gut laughing while reading through your submissions. Who knew you guys were all so funny? Knee slappers! So thanks! And now, without further ado, the winner is . . .










Whoa up. Uh, just one more thing, if you don't mind. (Sounds like Peter Falk in Columbo, huh.) I have to defend my judging decision by saying up front that I was not unduly influenced or coerced in any manner of my selection of the winner.

And there were absolutely no discussions about striking a deal involving the exchange of a certain box of chocolates for bathrooms being scoured and scrubbed and the guest towels fluffed and encircled with a bit of pretty grosgrain ribbon and the toilet paper replaced with the paper going over the top of the roll. Over the top--or else!!! Nah. None of that talk happened.

Nor was I promised a ginormous gift card bearing bar code number 00012876752 to Nordstrom at the University Mall if I chose this particular caption.

And there was seriously NO WAY that any under-the-table dealing went on with the vow of ponying up a purty little black 2010 E550 with saddle colored interior for little ol' me if the decision went, ahem, a particular way.

So with all of that said and understood, the big winner of the box of Fernwood Chocolate Mint Sandwiches is:
"I'd introduce you to my wife,
but she's having a bad hair day."



In the end, I had to go with the caption that really spoke to me. And unfortunately, this one pretty much sums up my life.


Thanks for playin' ya'll! I'll be out shopping for a little bit of this and a little bit of that (E550) if anyone needs to reach me.






4 comments:

The Morris Family said...

Crud! Whatever! I think there is a little spouse-itism going on!

Lisa said...

I've got to say that even though I wanted to win, Dave's absolutely was the funniest! Loved it!

Ashley said...

I thought that was the best one too!

Beth said...

Woo Hoo! I agree! Dave's was the best (it's not easy for me to admit to being the second best! I am an over achiever you know!). I laughed and laughed and laughed when I read his comment! Enjoy those yummy chocolates (and your clean bathrooms, towels and yes, even your car, Deon!).