Tuesday, March 30, 2010

On a Steinway! Film at 11


Before you conk me over the head with my own shiny "SO PROUD TO BE HIS MOTHER" badge, may I just preface this post by saying that, yes, a part of me wants to let the world in on how fab my boy is, but part of me honestly just wants to chronicle* the following for the sake of having a record of it all. No, really. I'm dead serious as a doornail about that last part. The chronicling part. Read on.

Warning! Lengthy parenthetical ahead: (*Are any of you fellow bloggers like me in that you justify the time spent blogging {and chronicling} as simply following The Plan as you pretend that your blogging is the same as writing in your journal? Cuz I sure do. Takes quite a weight off of my shoulders, to tell you the truth. You see, I can kill two birds with one cake . . . wait, I can have two cakes and eat them too . . . wait . . . I'll get it . . . I can brag a little (a little?!), and I can keep a commandment all on the same Mac! Ta da! Thank you very much; my job here is done.)

All right! I AM getting on with it. Are you ready? Here goes: If you were paying attention to yesterday's post, you know that Master Christian auditioned for and was selected to be a part of the prestigious All-State Band! That means that he got to play percussion with the best musicians from the entire state at Abravanel Hall. Cool, huh. And it is super cool that even though he doesn't play the piano for any of his bands (he usually plays snare, timpani, marimba, drumset, loud clanky blocks, etc.), he was invited to play the piano for the two-part 18-minute symphony which the band performed during the concert. At Abravanel Hall! On a Steinway! In his very own tux!

Uh, can I have my shiny badge back? I want to slap it on my chest now.


video


8 comments:

Beth said...

There is nothing wrong with being a proud mama and letting the whole world know how great your son is! Congratulations Christian, way to rock that Steinway!

The Morris Family said...

WOW!!! You have absolutely every right to slap that shiny proud mother's badge!!! That sounded amazing! I can only image what it sounded like in person! AMAZING!!!

Lisa said...

How proud you must be! I loved watching it and feeling like I was there. Does Christian want to pursue music in college? Blogs are definitely journals and are definitely the forum for mother's bragging.

Jenni Elyse said...

That's awesome! If Christian were my son, I'd be bragging too! He sounded great!

Lindsay said...

that is a talented son you've got there!!! you have every right to be proud, besides he is not the type to toot his own horn so you have to do it for him. that's what moms do, right?

Ashley said...

I can really hear the piano coming through, clear and flawless! Great job, Christian! What an honor.

Kathleen said...

The loud clanky blocks?! Love the highly technical term. Haha! Wow, Christian! He looks mighty nice sittin' behind a Steinway. Nice job Christian! You must be one mighty proud mama.

ckm said...

That is AMAZING ... and he had a solo! Your old Primary Student (my 17 year old Julia) was the only one in her HS in the All State Choir! We have some talent in this generation!!!