Tuesday, April 06, 2010

MUSE IN CONCERT!


(Photos taken with my phone so not the best . . . but better than nothin')





Definitely the highlight of the entire concert was when Christopher Wolstenholme started playing "Man With a Harmonica" from one of my top three favorite movies, Once Upon a Time in the West. I'm pretty sure only about 1% of the entire audience had a clue as to what that was all about, which made it even more awesome. He then hucked his harmonica into the audience. I was feeling uber-jealous of the lucky duck who snagged that pop fly.

I think Matthew Bellamy was wearing a duct tape suit; Christopher Wolstenholme snubbed his nose at Utah's no smoking laws throughout the whole concert; and Dominic Harward truly beat those drums into complete submission til they were screaming for mercy.

The show was definitely worth the price of admission times two. Loved it so much!!!



An interesting observation as I was leaving the arena: None of that distinctive "burning vegetation" smell hanging in the air. Guess security was doing their job last night. But my feet were swimming in Bud Light . . .

6 comments:

J, A & A said...

I had NO idea y'all are were among the elite group of people that are Muse fans! My entire family is addicted. I'm glad you enjoyed the concert...they sure know how to put on a show (you can't beat rock music paired with a grand piano, that's for sure).

Jenni Elyse said...

The concert was definitely a ton of fun. I loved the snide remarks from Christopher. Didn't you love Matthew's piano? It was so awesome!!!

Lisa said...

You all clearly know how to have a good time.

The Morris Family said...

I have to admit that I have never heard of Muse before now. I really like the second picture down. The light show must have been amazing!

Melissa said...

First of all...had the CRAZIEST dream about your family the other night. Not blog-comment-appropriate.

Second, you like Muse?! You're awesome. Rob and I REALLY wanted to go.

v辰原 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.