Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The Penguinettes

I don't know quite how to introduce the following clip except to say that I think we literally stunned the church congregation with this wacked-out silliness. To my memory, this particular ward has never done or seen any kind of lip sync-ish thing, so I decided it was TIME. Our performance was at the end of a very dignified and serious Primary in Excellence program where the children shared their musical and artsy talents, and the audience politely clapped and nodded and smiled. Well, we burst that little feel-good bubble.

And, yes, I admit it was my very own hare-brained idea from start to finish to wrangle these ladies into making spectacles of themselves just to satisfy an apparently long-suppressed and unacknowledged burning desire of mine to be Dick Van Dyke.
video
Do I hear you laughing? I'd bet my Swiss bank account (if I had one) that you are laughing AT me and not WITH me? Thought so.


*Those penguin pants were curiously quite comfortable and began to grow on me; after a while I swear I started channeling MC Hammer.

8 comments:

Melissa said...

I LOVE that you did that. Takes me back to all the lip-sync days of Naperville Third Ward. What a lost art. Thanks for reinventing it, I'm sure you've started a new trend!

Jenni Elyse said...

That's awesome! I love the costumes! You guys were awesome!

Lisa said...

No wonder that it's Deon that we love! HAHA! This was fabulous! I think the ward is ready for your Twelve Days of Christmas spoof come December! Love you, girl!

Lisa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lisa said...

Deon,
I am reading SM because of YOU!

Ashley said...

Aw, it turned out so cute! The editing is really good too, whoever did that.

Beth said...

You are soooooo darn adorable! I love, love, love it!!!!!

The Morris Family said...

That is so darned clever, creative and cute! LOVED IT!