Friday, May 28, 2010

One Sweet Ride

The following gives a whole new meaning and scope to the term "couch potato." You'll see why in a sec. Do me a favor, and watch and listen for my favorite quote in the story:

"You must pick up so many
girls in that . . ."


Well, thank you, but no. No, I don't think you'll be picking up so many girls in that. I don't think the girls will be that eager. Seriously. You're crazy if you think this is a chick magnet. I mean, really. What respectable girl in her right mind would drive around on a Barcalounger like that? Do I need to spell it out for you? I'll take it really slow: It. Has. No. Cupholders. Duh. No babe is gonna abandon her herd of girlfriends for a ride that has no cupholders. Grow up.

On second thought, it would be awfully nice to hitch a ride across town on those days when the 4" stiletto heels are an absolute must to make the outfit. I'm starting to see the benefits of this whole souped-up sofa thing after all . . .


7 comments:

Jenni Elyse said...

That thing is awesome! I totally want one!

Lisa said...

My Dad took my mom to the Cadillac dealership to buy her a brand new Cadillac. The salesman asked my mother what kind of accessories she wanted in her brand new Cadillac. Her reply: I want a cupholder. Salesman's reply: dead silence.

Ashley said...

Did you hear who he said told him, "you must pick up so many girls in that"? Cecil. As in Cecil O. Samuelson--president of the university!

Lindsay said...

i'm pretty sure i saw this on the way home from work yesterday. i was immediately jealous. cupholders or no, i would drive this bad boy, and it seems i'm not the only one because there were 2 girls riding with a very lucky young man...

Melissa said...

I mean, you could literally ride into the kitchen to get your snacks! I just want a computerized chair with laptop included. Then when I'm reading stories like this and I hear my son yell, "MOM....WIPE MY BUM!" I won't have to leave this story for a second.

Beth said...

I want a ride! I'll bring my own cup holder!

Jacqueline said...

Deon,
This is so funny, but that is one of my dearest friends Nick Homer (couch inventer) and he gave my other best friend, Payton, a ride. Haha He put this up on Facebook and I've been talking to him about it! Infact, Pyaton got married last week and I was at his wedding!
Those were my friends in High School. Now you know how fun High School with those boys were!!