Monday, June 21, 2010

Vote Early, Vote Often!

Tomorrow is voting day in my state--and none too soon! So many robo phone calls! So many "political celeb" endorsements! So much desperation! Since the powers that be didn't see fit to include me on this year's slate for Queen, I decided to create my very own ballot. So, get ready to pull that lever (or click your mouse as the case may be). No need to panic, you won't be called upon to vote me in as Queen; that honor is left to some chick named Elizabeth or Victoria. "Deon" just doesn't cut it, apparently. Jeepers. That name will continue to haunt me until the day I die, so it seems.

Ready? Here we go! There have been a handful of television commercials shown this year that have seriously tickled my funny bone, and I have uploaded them for your viewing and voting.

You're welcome.


Which commercial is your fave?

Be sure to vote in the poll at the right of my blog! See it? Right over there. Imagine me pointing to the right. Right over there. Right there! Now do you see it? If you vote, you can slap on an imaginary "I Voted Today!" sticker. Now, let's get out the vote!

(So sad for you if you don't know Aretha or Liza, cuz if you don't, you're missing out on some pretty hilarious stuff. FYI.)













VOTE!

5 comments:

Ashley said...

I don't see many commercials, but I have seen the Old Spice one! That one is definitely my favorite! ("I'm on a horse.") I watched all the rest too. My next favorites were the singing baby and the Betty White commercials. Least favorite? Probably the car commercial.

Fun post!

Jordan said...

I definitely have to agree with Ash, -"I'm on a horse." Ha!

Lindsay said...

old spice for the win!!! also, my favorite e-trade commercial is the lottery one (if you haven't seen it, look it up)

The Morris Family said...

I know that voting is supposed to be confidential, but I had to vote for Betty White. I laugh each time I see that one. My favorite e*trade commercial is the one with the baby spitting up. That came out when Addison was about 6 months old and it was her to a T!

Gwyl said...

Deon, Your phrase "Vote early and vote often" does come from Chicago you know - LOL

Anyway I like the shot of George.