Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Where Oh Where Has My Little Dog Gone?

Well, I'll tell you where he's gone. He's gone and gotten himself caught under the tire of the Fiat with no hopes of escaping. That's where he's gone!

I drove up my driveway and into my garage after I had been out . . . wait for it . . . shopping(!!!), and I noticed our neighbor's little mouse dog frolicking around the Fiat. (Sometimes this doggy is allowed to run willynilly around the neighborhood spreading good cheer and all that.) This itty bitty little tuft of a thing has taken command of my garage before, and I didn't want to risk shutting the big garage door on him yet again. JUST JOKING!!!! I didn't really shut the garage door on him before. I have, however, worked up a sweat trying to coax and lure him back outside.

So, it turns out that it was a good thing that I decided not to close the garage door or that little doggie might never have made it home. I hopped out of my car expecting to see little Puffball--my name for him, not his--yippity yipping with joy at my feet. But, huh. Where was he? Gaaaack!!! I didn't accidentally run him over did I? Holy mackerel! But, nope. He had curiously managed to tether himself under the wheel of the Fiat. I suppose it was his way of ensuring that my big SUV's tires didn't gobble him up and spit him out. Smart. Despite the size of his head and hence his brain, that little doggie is very, very smart. Self-preservation is his middle name.



Now, Puffball's roommates, THE BUNNIES, on the other hand, . . . well, that's a story for another day. I'll just tease you with this: Farmer Dave adores his beloved marigolds. And, what do you know, so do THE BUNNIES. That's all I'm going to say about that. I don't want to incriminate any BUNNY without a fair trial before a jury of his peers.

5 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Haha Deon, we still need to go shopping together! I miss ya!!!

Lisa said...

That's a dog?

The Morris Family said...

I would have probably tried to run the dog over, but that's just me! LOL

Ashley said...

Keep it there for bargaining power: you can have your dog back if you fence your bunnies in from now on!

Ashley said...

I also think it's funny that it was wearing a leash, as if someone was walking it or just outside with it and got distracted and forgot they had a dog. I mean, it had to have been supervised by a human at some point, right?