Friday, July 23, 2010

Three Movements

A lovely summer evening was in store for our gang as we settled in at the American Fork Amphitheater with a homemade pork sparerib picnic dinner, blankets, and gorgeous weather. I just adore evenings like this. No big woopty-wop, just sweet times and wonderful feelings all around.

A couple of notes about the following video:

*If you are a crossover reader from Ashley's blog, you have already seen Kimball do his thing; my camera shot is more of a rear-end view but equally adorable! Such a popular kid with multiple cameras trained on him at all times :D

*The featured violinist, Jenny Oaks Baker, is a Juilliard grad and a hot ticket among the LDS crowd. She is the teal blob you see next to the conductor. (My apologies for the more-than-just-slightly-horrendous video quality--I only recently learned that it is not due to my lame-o camera as I so smugly thought, but to lame-o me for having it on the wrong setting.) Moving along! Moving along! It looks like Ms. Baker is about to be taken out by the conductor's elbow at any moment, but the heavens smiled upon her, and thankfully that never happened. It would have made for some fun YouTube video though. If one's camera was on the correct setting . . .

*We were trying to be on our best concert behavior because, as luck would have it, we found ourselves seated right next to the conductor's family. And I mean, RIGHT NEXT TO! AND ALMOST ATOP OF! In fact, I think the conductor's adult son ended up licking dollops of BBQ sauce from our spareribs off of his pants at one point during a Ralph Vaughan Williams piece. That's how close we were. I think Dave and the conductor's son are now officially engaged.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh I love a summer night filled with all of these components: food, blankets, grandchildren, people to watch and music! How fun!

Beth said...

Kimball is so blasted cute! He has such a fun little personality!

The Morris Family said...

If that conductor isn't careful, he might find himself out of a job soon. I think Kimball is getting ready to take over that position for him.

Ashley said...

We had so much fun!