Friday, August 27, 2010

The. Best. Day. Ever.

As if I needed any more reminders of how extraordinarily kind and indulgent my newly minted high school senior is . . . wait a minute! JUST WAIT A DING DONG MINUTE! Huh? High school senior? How did that happen so soon? I never gave my a-okay for that to happen. I gotta speak to whoever is in charge here. Stop it. Just stop it. Right now. A high school senior? Really? Rats. Anyway, (a senior? seriously? pout, pout) he went and proved his awesomeness all over again by spending his very last day of freedom with his mama while looking at lots of purty flowers. And lots of grass. And lots of fountains. And lots of oldish bones. Because she wanted him to. And so he did. And he did it with a glad heart and a bright smile. And that's one of the reasons why I love him so.














5 comments:

The Morris Family said...

What a good kid you have there! You guys must have gone to Thanksgiving Pointe. It looks so pretty! I should take my spawn there sometime. I bet she'd love it!

Lisa said...

Your post makes me want to share this story since you no longer lived near me when it happened. A luncheon was given for me to celebrate my 50th birthday. Sam was in high school at the time. During the lunch, we were all sitting around the lunch table when the hostesses' doorbell rang. There on the front porch was a bouquet of flowers and a little card from Sam. Sons are the best.

Beth said...

Looks like a really fun day! I was a little worried when you said flowers and old bones though! I was thinking that you may have spent the day looking a headstones at the cemetery!

Jeanne said...

This day together has set a high standard for Mother/Son relationships. What a gift! What a boy!

Deon said...

Lisa, thanks for sharing your sweet story about Sam. It makes me a little weepy, and he's not even my son! Days like those are what I like to call a mother's "pay day!" So awesome.