Wednesday, August 18, 2010

What Are the Odds?



Take a minute to thoughtfully consider the sticky wicket situation of a raffle and/or lottery being held in a state where such nefarious activity is widely known and understood to be against the law aka eeelegul. As in, NOT legal; as in, banned; as in, criminal; as in, crooked; as in, don't-do-it-or-you-might-find-yourself-in-the-pokey-sharing-a-5X8-cell-with-some-big-bruiser-named-Bubba. Hmmm, let's think. Who in their right mind would dare do such a thing and risk getting caught by the cops for both organizing and facilitating said shady behavior?

Ah.

I see.



Click on image to read about my awesome PD


Sorry 'bout that, Chief. Trust us, it'll never happen again . . . as far as YOU know.

4 comments:

Jenni Elyse said...

Wow! Why does this not surprise me, though? Cops are the crookedest criminals out there. They may not do the white collar crimes, but they try to get away with smaller things, like speeding, abusing their power, etc.

Deon said...

Jenni, I guess I'm going to give the cops the benefit of the doubt and assume that they were just flat out ignorant of the law they were breaking. Which is hilariously ironic and really kinda sad. I joke that we live in Hicktown, USA, and I keep expecting Barney Fife to spring up around the corner at any moment. If only. I love Barney Fife . . .

The Morris Family said...

Haha! That is too funny! but at the same time, I really hope they get their K9.

Jeanne said...

So, let me get this straight---you have a bank, a grocery store, and a police department all ignorant of a law that even I know exists in Utah!! You can't make this up!