Thursday, September 02, 2010

Packin' (and Packing)!



And speaking of Mormon missionaries (and we were, weren't we?) . . .



Apparently, due to the {quote} UNRELIABLE BUSES* {unquote} in Honduras, Elder Sean's return date has been delayed two days so that he isn't required to travel on the {quote} UNRELIABLE BUSES* {unquote} without another elder with him. k. Can't get that boy home soon enough. And I highly doubt I'm reading too much into what Elder Davis from Sean's mission office said to me on the phone yesterday about the {quote} UNRELIABLE BUSES* {unquote}. I mean, seriously. You guys didn't forget about this, did you?:
Sean's packin' heat, as we say in the biz


Anywho!
Elder Sean returns on
September 30!!!

*"Unreliable buses" has gotta be code for "extremely unsafe and, in fact, highly dangerous buses," as in never, ever, ever let your Rolex and/or your Louis Vuitton man-bag garner too much attention while traveling without a posse of at least seven to nine other elders by your side. What you might be doing on a rickety bus in Honduras while wearing/carrying a Rolex and/or a Louis Vuitton man-bag is another story and beside the point.

8 comments:

The Morris Family said...

If I am ever in Honduras I will definately make sure that I don't ride on the "unreliable buses". They sound a little shady to me!

I am so excited for you to get your boy home! :)

Jenni Elyse said...

You must be so excited for Sean to return home! Does it seem like that two years when by quickly or slowly?

Gwyl said...

I'll leave my Rolex and other trinkets at home when I travel there. lol

Time sure flies. It will be good to get Sean home and way from those unsafe buses. Time does fly.

Shane, Liz and all the Crew said...

How wonderful! Nothing like having your boy comin' home!

i am happy for you! is he going to turn around and head for college and leave his mama again?

love,
liz

Deon said...

Jenni, the first six months of Sean's mission felt like an eternity, but these last six months have whipped by me like a blink of an eye!

Liz, Yup. Sean will start at BYU on the 2nd block of the fall semester, however, he won't be moving out until the end of December. YAAAAAYYYYYYYY for those few months with my boy!!!

Lisa said...

Did I ever tell you that Sam landed at the airport the same time as President Obama so he had to sit on the plane for one hour while we stood in the airport with our signs. That hour was the longer then the whole two years of the mission! Sean's return is within your grasp!

Jeanne said...

Besides the highly dangerous busses, I'd be a little worried about Sean's cute little toes getting bitten or smashed...Maybe it's just a Man-Honduras thing. (also hope he doesn't try to bring the machete home...)

Beth said...

Woo Hoo! The countdown has begun! I'm sure he will whip those unreliable buses into shape with that machete!