Wednesday, September 29, 2010

¡Un Día!



CODE BLUE! CODE BLUE!
GET THIS WOMAN A PAPER SACK, STAT!
Breath in; breath out. Breath in; breath out . . .


Oooooooookay. I think I'm stable for the time being, but let's make this fast because I don't know how long I'll be able to hold out.



Now for the big question:
HOW MANY MORE DAYS UNTIL ELDER SAGERS RETURNS TO THE PLACE WHERE HE IS LOVED BEST?
But first!

(Sung to the tune, "One" from A CHORUS LINE):

One singular sensation
Every little step he takes.
One thrilling combination
Every move that he makes.
One smile and suddenly nobody else will do;
You know you'll never be lonely with you know who.
One moment in his presence
And you can forget the rest.
For the guy is second best
To none,
Son.
Ooooh! Sigh! Give him your attention.
Do...I...really have to mention?
He's the
One?
Thank you! That concludes our short cultural Broadway interlude.



So how many days? Huh? Huh?

I'm going to let you in on a little secret about this clue: The object bearing this 1 doesn't technically belong to Sean, however, it contributes to something that Sean absolutely adores. OK. Go! Hey you! Are you thinking? Are you even trying? C'mon! I've got things to do; people to see; places to go! Guesses? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?










HALT! GO NO FURTHER UNTIL YOU HAVE GIVEN THIS YOUR BEST MEASURE OF THOUGHT (heehee)











Hallelujah! I thought you'd never get it. Great effort, everyone!



Today, this little measuring spoon helped me create a homecoming treat for Sean, one that he went gaga for before his mish. Perhaps he will find these blissfully rich brownies a touch too sweet for his palate after being away from the sugar-aholic USofA for two years, but no matter. I want him to be welcomed with a fabulous home cooked meal and a big hunkin' helping of chocolate love upon his arrival (even at 1:00 a.m.). Just so you can hate me in the morning, I'll give you the recipe and let you wallow in the goodness as well:










DECADENT BROWNIES
aka Sean's Version of Heaven

One 9 X 13 pan baked brownies (I use a box mix)
4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
1 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup pasteurized egg substitute
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 1/2 cups confectioner's sugar, sifted
4 cups mini marshmallows

While the brownies are baking, make the frosting. Melt the chocolate and butter in a medium bowl in the microwave on high for one minute. Stir. Return to microwave for 30 second intervals, stirring until smooth and completely melted. Add the egg substitute, vanilla, and sugar. Stir with wooden spoon until completely incorporated. Stir in marshmallows; they will soften but not melt completely. Spread the frosting over the still-warm brownies. The frosting will set up when the brownies are completely cooled. You've basically slapped a huge slab of chocolate fudge atop a huge slab of brownie. Mmmmmm, hallelujah!

6 comments:

Jenni Elyse said...

You're so mean! I'm trying to be healthy and those brownies look SO good! Have fun seeing Sean tomorrow!

The Morris Family said...

Wow! I am so very excited for you to get to see your little boy tomorrow! It makes me emotional thinking about Sean's homecoming tomorrow. (Being a mother makes me sappy and emotional, even when it doesn't involve my own children.) I hope it is the best day EVER!!!

Lisa said...

Words cannot express how happy I am for you!

Melissa said...

Thinking about you today! Can't wait to see reunion pictures!!!


Hugs!

Gwyl said...

Yes, lots of pictures! :-)

Melissa said...

I just bought all the stuff to make these brownies. I can't wait to try them! Do you mind if I spotlight these on my baking blog?! I promise I'll give you all the credit! :)