Monday, October 11, 2010

Heaven Flew In On a Boeing 737

My apologies for taking so long with this post. Jeepers, I can hardly tear myself away from my sweet, sweet son long enough to blog. Now, that's sayin' something!!! You'll forgive me, won't you?



Seanie is home!!!

(And his mama is having a heart attack out of sheer joy!)



My son is home! My son is home, safe and sound! I can't get enough of this handsome, handsome young man! It just doesn't seem real yet. I'm turning black and blue from all of the pinching to make sure I'm awake and lucid.


SHRIEEEEEEEEKKKKKK!!!!! I am beside myself with thankfulness and gratitude for Sean. For his love. For his goodness. For his testimony. For his obedience. And, for goodness sake, for his un-whacked-up body! Could a mother be filled with more love and adoration and pride than I am for my Sean? No. No she could not. I love this young elder with all that I am. And he is home!!!


Sorry about the blurry pictures, but these are as good as it gets when we were all rushing like a frenzied mob to tackle El Guapo!



The anticipation was a killer. Drop dead killer.




"SHRIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK," screamed guess who!
(Hint: It was not Sean doing the screaming.)





A very surreal moment. Hurry! Someone throw water on me to wake me up! Oh wait! It is real! Let me at 'im!




Five minutes later I'm still not letting go . . .







Giddy. Absolutely giddy with happiness.





Our boy is home!
(Hyperventilation set in at this point.)





The Three Amigos!







Quick Draw McGraw and his wicked machete!



A VERY FEW BRIEF HIGHLIGHTS:
*Waiting, waiting, and waiting at the bottom of the escalators for THE ONE!

*Dozens of people streaming by starring at the balloons and signs.

*Dozens of people walking by saying, "The Mormon missionaries? Yup. They're coming."

*Dozens more people walking by saying merely, "They're coming!"

*Dozens more people walking by saying, "They're coming. They're just taking their time."

*Me fuuuuurrrrreeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaking out when at last we catch a glimpse of our elder.

*Lots of hugging, laughter, hugging . . .

*Noticing that I'm hugging 70 lbs. less of my Seanie.

*Practically skipping out to the car.

*Being pulled over by a cop for speeding at 12:40 a.m.

*Me groaning because I had received a speeding ticket on this very same country lane.

*Being let go by the cop at 12:42 p.m. because of our returned missionary in tow.

*Sean walking straight to our kitchen sink and drinking right out of the tap.

*Sean stopping smack dab dead in his tracks before entering our family room.

*Sean in a whisper, "This room alone could hold two Honduran houses."

*Staying up until 4:00 a.m. soaking him in.

*Tender and special moments the next day in the temple.

*Eating, breathing, drinking Sean every day since his arrival until all hours of the early morning. (Not part of the mission regimen, Sean laments.)

*Deciding there is no need for Christmas this year; Christmas has arrived!!!

*Still not over the fact that Sean is back!

*I love this guy more than ever before. More than words can say. More than he will ever know.

*MY SEANIE-BOY IS HOME!!!


8 comments:

Jenni Elyse said...

I think the blurry pictures add a nice touch. You can tell you're excited and happy to see him. You're running with the camera to give him a hug. ;)

I'm glad Sean is home safe and sound! :)

Juliette said...

It is about time you posted!! So glad he is safe and sound! You all look as good as ever! Enjoy your boy!

The Morris Family said...

Seeing the sheer joy on your face literally had me bawling. I am SO SO SO happy for you and your family that he is home safe and sound!l

Gwyl said...

What a sweet time for your family. Welcome home Sean.

Lisa said...

Oh! I have been waiting and waiting for this blog post! I have chills and tears taking it all in. I am laughing at your speeding ticket!!! That ride down the escalator is the longest ride ever! When Sam walked into our house the first thing he did was walk over to the kitchen sink and stick his head under the faucet!!! I couldn't keep staring at my boy. I am so happy for you. He looks amazing on so many levels. Enjoy!

Melissa said...

I LOVE this post. I just love it. So happy for you and your reunited family.

I also love that it took you so long to write it - just shows us how much you've been taking him in over the past few days.

Hugs!

Jamie Johnson said...

Congrats on seans safe return. So happy to see the cute pictures of all of you guys.

Jacqueline said...

YAY! He is home!! I am so happy for you!