Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Boo! (Part IV)





Te·di·ous

[tee-dee-uhs, tee-juhs]
–adjective
1. Marked by tedium; long and tiresome: tedious tasks, a tedious journey.
2. Wordy, so as to cause weariness or boredom, as a speaker or writer.
What? Another "Boo!" post yet again? Yeah, yeah. I know this whole "Boo!" thing is getting "tedious." No need to tell me definition #2 especially applies here. So sorry. I seem to have this condition in that once I start something I require myself to see it through to the bitter, brutal end no matter who gets hurt in the process. Unfortunately, you long-sufferers end up getting dragged along in my somewhat OCD world of blogging. That is, if you are still reading. In which case, may I offer you a stiff drink to make it through? (A&W makes a mean root beer. Just FYI.) And if you're not still reading, I hope to high heaven you're off doing something spectacular like stalking Johnny Depp. I'll give you a pass for not reading my blog if you are off stalking Johnny Depp.

So now. Down to business. Boo! (Part IV): Check out Mr. Black Hat! He was soooooo envious of my red curlers under my headscarf. Look at him! He can't take his eyes (or what's left of his eyes) off of my super-wonky curlers! It was so weird, you guys.







I must give credit where credit is due: In putting my ensemble together, I was totally inspired by that brilliant fashionista, Lisa A. She wears this look so much better than I ever could. But isn't that what fashion is all about--copying and totally ripping off other designers? Yesiree, bob, indeed it is. Just ask Hans Christian Andersen. His fashion-forward style that is showcased near the end of his "The Ugly Duckling" tale was TOTALLY looted, plundered, copied, and ripped off by wacky Bjork. (Check! It! Out! Here!)





Because the picture shown above whacked off my darling shoes, my head gets whacked off in this next photo. Turn around is fair play, I guess. Anywho, I want you to really feast on these shoes! They were my mother's shoes, and I am quite certain they are at least as old as me. My mom must have bought them around 1979 (nyuk, nyuk) or thereabouts, because I have never known life without these shoes perched so prettily in my mom's closet. Until now. Now these shoes are in MY closet. My mom asked which of her possessions I would like to eventually receive. Before the question had even left her mouth, I blurted out, "THE RUBY SLIPPERS!"

And now, for the love of pete, how long will ya'll continue to graciously take one for the team and endure these "Boo!" posts full of ramblings and photos featuring my family's best Sundee-go-to-meetin' clothes? Wait. What? You thought we were dressing up for Halloween parties? You guys. You're silly. We're showing off the very best duds we've got, dontcha know.



Hmm. I wonder what I should whip up for dinner tonight as I vacuum my rug, help Beaver with his homework, and give Wally sound dating advice, all while wearing my pearls and bright red lipstick and THE RUBY SLIPPERS. Tuna casserole with potato chips? Gee, that sounds swell!

(Some of the Beav's favorites dishes
brought to you by Mrs. Ward {June} Cleaver)


3 comments:

Beth said...

We're not in Kansas anymore Toto! Love those ruby slippers!

The Morris Family said...

Um..who doesn't vacuum their rug, help with homework and dispense dating advice whilst wearing pearls and bright red lipstick? I know I surely do!
I think Mr. Black Hat was eyeing those slipper. He was waiting for his chance to put them in his coffin, er, closet!

Lisa said...

Oh girl...you are sweet to give me any credit because you, girl...well you have definitely got it goin'on! Love you!