Friday, December 24, 2010

The Partridge in the Pear Tree is Calling It a Day





(In all of the excitement to complete our reign as our neighborhood's
shifty cat burglars extraordinaire, I forgot to snap a pic of our final surprise, so this google image will have to act as the
understudy tonight.)



On the TWELFTH DAY OF CHRISTMAS
those twelve awesome drummers drummed with their
spiffy new drumsticks . . . the drumming sounded really cool
but the drumsticks left behind one sticky MESS!

. . . my true love gave to me
twelve drummers drumming,
eleven pipers piping,
ten lords a-leaping,
nine ladies dancing,
eight maids a-milking
seven swans a-swimming
six geese a-layin'
five goooooooooolden rings!
four calling birds,
three french hens,
two turtle doves,
and a partridge in a pear tree!



I wish you all a very, very . . .

Now, I've got to scamper. The clock is ticking and there is still much to do. I'm crossing my fingers that those stellar UPS guys deliver through the night because there is lots of stuff missing from under my Christmas tree. I'm pretty sure my stuff will arrive by morning. It will, won't it? I'm counting on a big hunkin' cardboard box to appear on my front doorstep any minute now. Aaaaaaaaaaany minute now. Biting my lip, wringing my hands. What if I sang the "Wells Fargo Wagon" song really, really loudly, do you think my delivery will come? Any minute now, guys. This would be a really good time to show up, guys. Right about NOW. Yesiree, this would be just the perfect time to pull up in your brown van and chuck a great big box at my front door. Okay, here I go, "O-ho, the Wells Fargo Wagon is a-comin' down the street . . . ." Puuuuuuleeeeze? I've got fruitcake for you UPS guys if you make my delivery. Ah. I just blew my chances, didn't I? Well, merry, merry Christmas anyway!

1 comment:

Jenni Elyse said...

Merry Christmas! I hope you have a wonderful day tomorrow!