Thursday, December 23, 2010


On the ELEVENTH DAY OF CHRISTMAS

the eleven pipers piped their frosting so well,

they graduated from culinary school with

high honors!



. . . my true love gave to me
eleven pipers piping,
ten lords a-leaping,
nine ladies dancing,
eight maids a-milking
seven swans a-swimming
six geese a-layin'
five goooooooooolden rings!
four calling birds,
three french hens,
two turtle doves,
and a partridge in a pear tree!

Whew! I'm out of breath! Are you out of breath? I'm soooo out of breath! What? You mean you haven't been singing all of those verses to this song with me? C'mon! Get in the holiday spirit! Sing your little heart out and annoy your friends and loved ones with this most hated beloved Christmas song of all time! People! I caaaaaaan't hear you! Okay, here we go! All together now, "On the first day of Christmas my true . . . " Guys! Don't make me do this by myself! Whenever I sing by myself the dogs in the neighborhood howl their fool heads off, and then phones start ringing, and people start hollering, and it turns ugly in a hurry. Now, COME! ON! Here we go, a-one and a-two, "On the first day . . . " Ah, darn. There goes my phone . . .

2 comments:

Beth said...

I'm singing . . . I'm singing! It's just really hard to hear me over the howling of the dogs! I cannot wait to finish the last verse! You are sooooo clever! I vote for a 12 days of every month, just to see what you come up with!

Shane, Liz and all the Crew said...

Merry Christmas to my clever, sweet, giving friend!

love,
liz