Friday, January 07, 2011

Current News? Um, Probably Not So Current Anymore . . .

What is it with me and Christmas cards? For some reason we just can't sync up to get our timing just right, those darn annual Christmas cards and me. It's the same old song and dance every year: The cards are begun in November, and we're lucky if they see the light of day before the shiny new year. I am, however, feeling somewhat victorious over those pesky cards in that, at the very least, we actually did send out Christmas cards however late they may be . . . . I have many friends who have unwittingly lessened my feelings of guilt at my mailing those outdated-to-the-point-of-being-ridiculous-and-nothing-in-the-note-is-even-remotely-current-or-relevant-anymore cards by telling me that they have decided to simply bag doing Christmas cards altogether--bah humbug and all that jazz. So, ha! A small (and latent) victory is still a victory, yes?

Even though it was, uh, let me see, December 29? 30? February 22?, our completed cards finally(!) hit that mailman like I hit the after-Christmas sales at Tai Pan! BAM! Lookee here:


Click to enlarge

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY!
(Even if it is, what, like, March by now?)



4 comments:

Ashley said...

Just got it yesterday! Kimball stared at it for the entire walk to the park. Well done.

The Morris Family said...

Very, very cute and clever. Though I wouid expect nothing less from you! :)

Beth said...

You are so stinkin' creative! Love, love, loved it!

Lisa said...

It was well worth the wait.