Sunday, February 20, 2011

I Think a Hangover is a-Comin'!

Look who got totally wasted at our neighborhood Wal-Mart. Apparently on Gatorade.

Or, so the story goes.

Me? I have my doubts. I don't think that it was the Gatorade that strung out this babe. I noticed that the shelf directly above the Gatorade was stuffed with a bunch of "ROCKSTAR ENERGY+CITRUS--CONTAINS 50% MORE CAFFEINE THAN ORIGINAL ROCKSTAR" drinks. You make the call. I'm no nutritionist, but my gut feeling is that babies probably don't need nor do they easily tolerate superabundant amounts of caffeine in their systems before they reach the age of one. Just a guess, but I may be right on this one. Say what you will, but I just betcha I'm right on this one.




I sincerely hope that taking these pictures doesn't qualify me as one of those annoying gawkers. (It's just that it is so hard to look away.)
For the record, I don't think that baby even noticed.

5 comments:

The Morris Family said...

This is hilarious!

Though I doubt this is funny to the baby's owner. I'll bet the owner of that baby got to home or even to the car maybe and started having a meltdown! I'm sure glad I am not the parent of the baby's owner right now

Rob said...

Clean up on aisle 7! The mother probably just left her there in shame...hoping that DCFS wouldn't be able to track her down.


Oh, and did we really need rockstar with MORE caffeine?

Melissa said...

Oh, PS - I'm Rob. Didn't realize he was signed in! Sorry!

Shane, Liz and all the Crew said...

I sure hope you check your blog regularly because I need your help! Urgent like! Our YM & YW are doing a roadshow. our first one fell through and the second idea needs some help...enter Deon!!
Would you be able to help?? Pretty please with peaches on top?

here is the basic idea. We are going to work it around the YMCA song, but we need the Y-M-C-A to stand for something clever. The premise is:
a young missionary just got a transfer to Melba (our little town, yes, it is podunk and it might be depressing to a missionary) and the townspeople are telling him that Melba is a great place through the words of the YMCA song, i.e. "young man, there's no need to feel down, I said, Young Man get yourself off the ground", etc. (see youtube "village people ymca original video")
So, we need something clever to have OUR "YMCA" stand for.
You are about the cleverest person I know...so I was hoping that today was a bon-bon, doing-your-nails day and you would have a spare moment to think up something clever and adorable!! what d'ya think? got any creative juices flowing?
(my email is elizabeth.beus@gmail.com)

thanks oodles!!
love,
your CBF (cyber-best-friend)
Liz

Dave said...

I think your pictures provide a public service. This should be a lesson to all kids: You drink energy drinks and you end up face down in a grocery store shelf.

Many lives will be saved...