Tuesday, February 08, 2011

"In Jimmer We Trust" and Other Bon Mots



(If you missed it when I wrote this on facebook, here ya go.)

Oh. my. word. This is one of the funniest things I have ever read in my entire life. Go to
this link, then click on "Your epic Facebook thread is on ESPN." Settle down to read a boatload of some of the most hilarious and wickedly clever comments ever. "I just opened my King Jimmer version of the Bible and read about Peter, Jimmer and John." The comments get better and better as the thread goes on. Go. Read.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I have to say, that while I AM tired of hearing about Jimmer worship and seeing the word used as a noun, verb, adverb, and adjective (and I don't even live in Provo OR follow BYU sports!), these were pretty funny. Clever but never crude/rude/immature/dumb.

A couple of my favorites were something like "Jimmer's tears cure cancer", and "the BYU basketball team went walking on the beach. When they looked behind them, they only saw one set of footprints".

This one's pretty funny, too: http://bycommonconsent.com/2011/02/09/on-the-name-jimmer/