Wednesday, May 11, 2011

The Eagle Has Landed


Two percent! We're not talking about milk here, folks! We're talking that only two percent of the Boy Scout membership achieve the rank of Eagle Scout. Sean did it. Now Christian has done it. And what an achievement it is! I am so proud of my boys! It is so great to say that I'm the mother of a couple of young men who will willingly help little ol' me across the street if I ever have the need. And they'll do it while being trustworthy, loyal, helpful, friendly, courteous, kind, obedient, cheerful, thrifty, brave, clean, and reverent. And let's not forget handsome.




Mom had a bit of surgery on her forehead, but she is such a trooper to come and support Christian. She is always saying of Christian, "I think I'll keep that one!"


We had the pleasure of having our United States Senator, Mike Lee, be a part of the program. Senator Lee lived in our ward before heading off to Washington, and he related a funny story of when he went on a particular camp out with Christian and the other hooligans. Christian's Aunt Marian is so wonderful to often take the time to be a part of our family's celebrations, and she slyly choreographed this photo op--the Senator being none the wiser (hello!). (Look at Christian yukking it up while he plays along and humors his aunt . . . .)


CONGRATULATIONS, CHRISTIAN!

We are so proud of you!

3 comments:

Jenni Elyse said...

That's awesome! Congratulations, Christian! :) Way to go!

Morris Family said...

Congratulations Christian!

I love your video montage! :) I don't know if I would eat a lizard, but then that may be why I am not an Eagle scout ;)

Lisa said...

Congratulations! It is one of the greatest accomplishments and the moms are key. But can we talk? I did love the beautiful pin that was placed upon my collar...but what I really deserved was A BRAND NEW CAR!!!