Tuesday, June 07, 2011

For Your Consideration:

Holy cats, it's been a crazy week, what with a graduation, hosting a graduation party until 2:00 a.m., fretting about another graduation party that lasted until 5:00 a.m., a very special ordination, getting the young one ready for and sending him off on a three-week church history tour, dealing with an impromptu waterfall in our basement ceiling, etcetera, etcetera! I'm sure I've now successfully talked you into giving me a pass for being such a pokey little puppy in posting the submissions for my caption contest, no? YES! I knew I could count on you guys to have my back. Thanks tons; you're the best!

Anywho, your brilliant captions are in, and I must say that you guys did me proud! Believe me, you're going to have a hoot 'n a holler over these witty submissions; even "The Emperor's New Groove" and "Yellow Submarine" are representin'!

To ensure that each entry receives a fair shake, I am repeating the photo with each caption, and every entry can be contemplated and judged independently. Be thoughtful and generous now, ya hear?!

PLEASE READ: The voting period will be from June 7, 2011, to June 14, 2011. You may vote for one caption each day during the voting period. Pinky swear, cross your heart, and hope to never watch "The Jersey Shore" that you won't vote for more than one caption a day, okay dokey? I disabled something called crackers or cupcakes or cookies or some such doodah that now allows you to cheat a little and vote more often than is prudent, but I don't think my readers are going to stoop to that type of criminal behavior, right? RIGHT?!!! That includes you, Snookie.

So now, without further nonsense from me, LET THE VOTING BEGIN!

Oh. I guess I should mention that the voting booth is on the right sidebar of this here little blog. ----------->

Right over there. D'ya see it? ----------->

Right there ---------->

There ---------->

Awesome.

Now check these out:

Kimball and his buddy, Puxsutawney Seal, predict a quick end to winter!




I don't think I'm in San Diego anymore.




Wendell thought that maybe if he held completely still, that strange looking pup would go back to where it came from.




"This Fortress of 'Solitude' has a serious pest problem," thought little Kal-El.




"Hi!"




In horror, Fitzpatrick suddenly rued leaving the house without his toupee, never guessing his hat would be filched by a pick-pocket peewee.




"Yewo pacie?"




"I knew I should have turned left at Albuquerque!"




"Papa, pease?" Alas, Kimball's grandpa was not at the South Pole.




"Are you my mother?"




" . . . and they told me it NEVER snows in San Diego . . . yeah, right!"




"Man! I sure wish mothers wouldn't feed bean burritos to their kids
on 'Swim With the Seals' Thursdays!"




Hey! How did Howie Mandel sneak past those bouncers at the door?




In one single instant, Maurice's secret membership in the Hair Club for Men was exposed for all the world to see after that punk kid swiped his hat.




"Hey, Red, this must be the SOUTH Pole!"




"What are the odds of that trap door leadin' me out here?"




"This place reminds me Blackburn, Lancashire."



Whadda I tell ya? Brillliant! Remember to come back and vote every day! But just once a day, kind of like those vitamins. Got it? Go vote!

3 comments:

Jenni Elyse said...

Those are great! I tried and tried to think of something, but I was nowhere near the likes of the ones submitted. I would've been embarrassed. :)

Hope you get to rest from all the chaos from this past week.

Melissa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melissa said...

Oh, NOW I get it. You meant vote in the POLL. Gotcha! :)