Tuesday, June 14, 2011

We've Got Ourselves a Real Horse Race!


Have you checked the stats on the caption contest lately? The poll indicates that we've got ourselves a pretty good photo finish coming up tonight! Sorta like the photo finish at the reindeer race below! Say what now? Confidentially, I never knew there was such a thing as reindeer racing did you? I didn't. Did you? I didn't. And, confidentially-er, I didn't even know there really was such a thing as reindeer, period; I thought that that Clement C. Moore dude was just yanking our chain. Huh. You learn something new every day.

Announcer's translation: "Yo, Klaus! Wilmer! The race is over, dudes! You can stop now! I said, you can stop now! Guys! Guys? Well, they're outta here . . . . "


Today is the last day to vote! Good luck to everyone, even those of you whose submissions have garnered exactly zero votes. But! (There's always a but, isn't there.) But! You never know, there could be a huge upset and Li'l Caption Underdog could swoop in and take it all. Stranger things have been known to happen--like me actually bypassing a shoe sale. Strange. But true. So, see? You just never know.

And, thanks to everyone for going along with yet another one of my hare-brained adventures. What would I do without you? Well, besides keep the $10 Texas Roadhouse gift card for myself, that is. But, hey! Love ya!

GO VOTE!
The voting booth closes tonight at midnight, MST, provided I can figure out how to unplug that contraption. I've never been known to be extremely techneeeeecal, if you know what I mean, so I'm asking you to just do the right thing and keep your sweet little hands off of my voting machine after 12:00 in the a.m. Just in case.

No comments: