Thursday, August 25, 2011

*Sniff*





Please take notice of the lovely cinderblock backdrop.



I'm really trying to hold it together here, folks.

Christian is off to college.

(Big breaths. I'm taking big, deep breaths while also avoiding going into his bedroom. Man. This is way too hard for me . . . .)

If you've been reading my blog for any length of time, you certainly know my feelings about this incredible young man of mine. If you need a reminder of my absolute adoration, go here. And here. And here. Or here. Or, you could just basically cruise my blog history and find about a gazillion posts where I gush and quite inadequately express my love for Mr. Christian.

In the meantime, I'm trying to add a little levity to this emotional roller coaster by pointing out that the on-campus student housing apartment I lived in as a freshman is only two units away from Christian's--the carpeting appears to be the same (um, yuck), the closet doors and built-ins are most definitely the same, and the cinderblock painted walls will forever be exactly! the! same! as my lovely cinderblock walls. Man, talk about deja vu. All over again.

I miss my boy, and it hasn't even been 24 hours since he's been gone. Waaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Oh. Good thing he'll be back tonight for dinner :D

6 comments:

Jenni Elyse said...

Fun for Christian, but sad for you! I wish you luck in missing him. At least, he's not too far away, though. :)

Lisa said...

Cry me a river......it's so hard.

ckm said...

I'm driving Julia out today (again). Sniff sniff. I feel your pain. Wish she was close enough to come home for dinner or I could pop over and hear her sing in the BYU concerts. It is an exciting time and I keep telling myself that all is well.

Kathleen said...

Did you survive your first 24 hours without him?

Rob said...

He and his twenty five friends (all who claim to be room mates so you'll love them more) will be eating you out of house and home in no time!

Your house is going to become the, "GET ME OUTTA HERE!" sanctuary.

But it's well worth a good sob. Let it all out, honey!

Melissa said...

Google was supposed to let me sign in when I finished my comment. It made no mention that Rob was already signed in. But I'm sure he feels the same!