Tuesday, September 06, 2011

I Deny Everything, Your Honor



de-ni-al[dih-nahy-uhl]
noun


1. Doctrine, theory, or the like. An assertion that something said, believed, alleged, etc., is false: Despite Dave's denials to the contrary, I just knew Kimball was merely hiding in a closet somewhere in our house and hadn't actually gone home to California after all. Hence my forcefully opening every door and yelling, "surprise!" Even now. More than 48 hours after his car drove away. I mean, that kid's gotta be getting hungry by now, right? Kimball? Oh, Kimball! You can come out now . . .

2. Refusal to recognize or acknowledge; a disowning or disavowal: I am in complete denial that our little California cowboy has returned to his own home so I continue to ask, "What does the cat say? What does the doggie say? What does the piggy say?" Dave usually gets it right on the very first try.

5 comments:

Dave said...

It actually took me three times to get "oink, oink" down, but I have the other sounds down pat.

Lisa said...

Love the new blog! And I especially love your Mom up on that trampoline! I want to learn more about the Dentists ( from your header) !! Might be a funny thing to frame for the waiting area!!!

Melissa said...

Sad. You're making ME miss him!

Jordan said...

Sorry Dee. Your pain is my gain. I'm loving having my family back. It's incredible how much Kimball has grown.

Ashley said...

Kimball is excited to be home, that is for sure, but he had such a great time at your house this summer! In one of his prayers, he said thank you for the trampoline, the red chair, his truck, and Chief! And Papa and DeeDee too, of course. Thanks so much for letting us stay. We will bring our little elf back around Christmas time!