Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Ode to Riley Nelson's Hair

A little background, if you will: BYU's starting quarterback position has been a back and forth, tug-of-war type of thing since last season. Coach Mendenhall finally settled on Jake Heaps over Riley Nelson as BYU's starting QB. In my very humble opinion (but what do I know?), Jake Heaps is all hat and no cattle, if you get my drift. In fact, I've very often chanted out in despair, "Yank that Heaps dude! We want Riley! We want Riley! We want Riley!" Finally, and not a moment too soon, Coach Mendenhall sat up and took notice of my begging and groveling.

During last Saturday's electrocuting er, electrifying (oops) game against Utah State, Heaps had put too many bees in Coach Mendenhall's bonnet, what with all of his stinking less than stunning passing/non-passing, etc., etc., so in went Riley Nelson. YEEHAW! Riley to the rescue! And rescue he did, because BYU pulled out the win thanks to Mr. Gorgeous Hair. (Check it out for yourself in the video below.) Take note that Riley is #13 and Heaps is #9. With that in mind, pay special attention to what happens at the 1:36 mark.

I so love this. Be sure to watch to the very end:
Epilogue: I heard Riley (we're on a first-name basis dontcha know; I am his champion, after all) say today in a press conference that he has since cut his hair. He graciously apologized to any who may have been offended by his gorgeous, flowing, silky, delicious hair. Maybe he didn't use those exact words, but it was something along those lines . . . .

2 comments:

Lisa said...

During that game I texted Sam ( who was in the BYU stadium) and I said, "What's with that hair? How does he get away with that??!!" Not that, I too, didn't love it....I just know the standards yall have up there at that university! Riley is one of Sam's best friends' cousin. Want me to hook you up??!!!

Nixon said...

Great information! Your blog is the first one I look for in my inbox everyday. Love this new series.I love to say about hair.What a lovely experience! It's so hard finding the right stylist,