Monday, October 24, 2011

The (Scaredy) Cat and the Canary

One can never go wrong with Bob Hope. And, just for the record, I was not that certain member of our group who got up and left the theater because the movie was scaring the pants off of him/her. Was. not. me. (Um, . . . this time, anyway.)


Personally, my endorphins don't really enjoy that jolt of terror which a truly scary movie so rudely whacks upon my pitiful little heart. I can honestly say that I seriously detest all of those jump scenes, paranormal activities, clueless, ditzy girls walking into ridiculously obvious danger, etc., etc. That's why my very favorite "scary" movie of all time is none other than the classic, "The Ghost and Mr. Chicken." Top that one if you dare!


"Shears! In! The! Throat!" So classic. You've just gotta watch it.

Now, lay it on me; what is your favorite scary movie?

4 comments:

Shane, Liz and all the Crew said...

i get up and leave if the movie is the least bit "tense", never mind scary!! I also leave if it is less than a happy-fairy-tale ending...and I invent my own.

love,
liz

ckm said...

As a child - Apple Dumpling Gang scared me - (Don Knotts!!!). I am going to have to check out The Ghost and Mr. Chicken. Right up my alley!

Lisa said...

Girl! Why don't we live in the same town? I would be all over these movies!

Alison said...

I'm giving a second vote for Ghost and Mr. Chicken. I've loved that movie from the first time I saw it...and it's just my kind of scary!