Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Where In the World . . . ?




SHRIEEEEEEEEEEEK!!!!!

Looky at what is sitting on my kitchen counter this very minute! Right now! Even as I hyperventilate over my keyboard! Do you see it? Look! Are you looking?
See it???


Honest to pete, I can't believe this day is here. I've been pretty weepy these last few weeks--weepy in a proud, pleased, wonderful way, but also weepy in an I-know-how-much-I'm-going-to-miss-my-darling-boy way too. This is probably the ultimate in human emotional conflict, or some such thing as that. I know I didn't say that very well, but give me a pass here, people. I can't think straight to save my life.

But, oh, what a happy day! I am so proud of Christian for choosing to serve a two-year LDS mission, but I am even more proud of the man of character and integrity that he has become. That's my boy! That's my boy, and I feel like the luckiest person on this earth!

So! Are you braced to hear where Christian will be serving so faithfully and gladly? Are you? Huh? Huh? Well, get ready . . .






Are you ready? Are you psyched? Are you stoked? Okay, get ready . . .










. . . to check back tomorrow night. *Groan* Are ya kiddin' me? No kidding. Sweet, patient Christian won't be opening his call until tomorrow night after Dave returns from an unfortunately-timed trip to Chicago. Chicago? Seriously? At a time like this? Ah, well, it gives us time to place bets speculate about where Elder Sagers will be spreading glorious words of hope and truth and love for our Savior.

Okay! This is where you guys take over. Just take a look at this handsome, handsome boy and tell me: Where in the world will Christian be serving?


Now, where did that box of Kleenex go? And, I'm not just whistlin' dixie here. Tears.

10 comments:

Lisa said...

Wow! I had no idea it was going to be this soon. Here is my guess: Christian will serve exactly where the Lord wants him to serve. I am on pins and needles too! I can't wait to hear the news! Pass me a kleenex.

Jenni Elyse said...

I'm going to say Chicago just because I think that would be so funny and coincidental!

Sean said...

Brazil...

Ashley said...

Australia, or Washington state. Don't tell me you haven't held that thing up to the light at least seven times!

Deon said...

Haha, Ashley! I'm not going to confess to anything without my lawyer present!

Jordan said...

Papua New Guinea or Fiji, please, please, please.

Gwyl said...

Congrats to Christian.

Lindsay said...

i guess either japan or australia

Kathleen said...

I still think New York City teaching percussion to under privileged youth! I agree with Ashley, you didn't hold it up to the light once? Or unseal then reseal it? Didn't you!

ckm said...

I can't wait! I've been checking back today (this afternoon) to see!!! He is going to be amazing where ever he serves. Personally, I hope he gets to go to CO in our mission. We have an amazing piano playing Elder that played in Sacrament Meeting last week for the "rest hymn" ... oh so amazing. I'm sure his Mom wishes she could have been there to enjoy it. We sure did.
I guess the Philippines. Or even better - on the small remote island where Nathan K. is serving ... that would be so funny if they became companions! I'm sure Jean would love that too!
Can't wait to hear. He is an amazing young man with an amazing family.