Thursday, November 17, 2011

Where Are the French Fries, For Goodness Sake?!

Christian and I had a wickedly fun time at BYU's basketball game Tuesday night!  Christian totally got into the game, and I totally got into watching the crowd.  In fact, two of the reasons why I buy our mini-season basketball passes each year are:  1) the game is played INDOORS!!!* and, 2) I can't get enough of people watching.  A cherry goes on top if BYU wins the game, but I'm not there for the basketball, people!  Seriously?  No.  I go because there are about 20,000 (give or take a few) people who are just begging to be studied and admired (uh-huh).  

Compared to the rest of the world, BYU draws a pretty tame crowd, what with its no beer policy and the like.  Smoking anything is also slightly frowned upon.  Slightly.  But!  All the better!  People have to be pretty creative to stir things up when fellow attendees are completely sober, so creativity rules the day!  I just love it.

Now that you've come with me this far, will you stay a while longer and play a game I like to call, "Spot the . . . "?  It's fun!  It's educational!  It's a big fat time waster!  Heeeeeeere we go!!!

To get you started off on the right foot on today's "Spot the . . . " we'll go with a very easy challenge harking back from last year.  The challenges will get progressively dumber harder.  See if you can:

SPOT THE JIMMER!
Yeah, easy, right?  OK, that was soooo last year.  
Now, try your hand at this year's crop:


SPOT THE GREEN ANTENNAED BUMBLE BEE 



SPOT THE SLICE OF PIZZA (Really?)


SPOT THE BANANA 
(Of course there would be a banana, why wouldn't there be?)




SPOT THE TWO BLUE MAN GROUP GUYS WHO GOT TIRED OF BREATHING THEIR OWN GARLIC BREATH UNDER THEIR FULL-HEAD HOODS, AND EVENTUALLY DID THE UNTHINKABLE

BONUS:  
SPOT THE GUY WHO COULDN'T MAKE UP HIS MIND ABOUT BEING A CONSTRUCTION WORKER OR A REDNECK



AND, WE'LL END WITH A DIFFICULT ONE--
SPOT THE OSCAR MEYER HOT DIGGITY DOG!


Raise your hand if you were able to spot every challenge!  Rah, rah, rah!  Sis boom bah!  You guys are such good sports!  Awwww, I love you guys.


Ah.  I suppose somebody out there would like to know if BYU won the game.  Give me a minute.  Let's see . . . .  Um, yes.  Yes, I do believe they won, but you better ask Christian just to double check; I was too busy scanning the crowd looking for a double cheeseburger.  With pickles.


*Dave and/or Sean and/or Christian are the ones who always put our football season passes to good use.  But then, they don't mind four hours of sitting in drizzle, and 40 degree temperatures, and complete miserableness.  In fact they say they like it!  Me?  I would put those football season tickets to good use, actually.  I would light them with my Bic and warm my fingers by their flames.  That's what I would do.  Good thing Dave keeps those tickets under lock and key.




6 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh, too fun. One time I was stuck at an airport for a good part of a day...by myself... no problem. It is the best people watching place ever. Except for where KAGE lives...that's the best. And she always has a camera at the ready!

Melissa said...

WOW! Really?! I've never been, so I guess I had no idea what I was missing!!

Beth said...

So funny! I'm with you, I would rather people watch than game watch! There seemed to be a food theme going on . . . must be where they came up with the phrase, "starving student"!

Deon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
DAVE said...

Well it's a good thing you told me what you would do with the football tickets...I definitely well keep them under locks. Let's see...what else could you burn to keep your hands warm??? I know, how about your credit card!

Just kidding :)

(I want to make sure I get those tickets again next year!)

ckm said...

Dave cracks me up!

I love people watching ... that was a favorite thing John and I would do when we were first married. We'd go to the WILK and sit in the cougareat and watch people walk by and diagnose their issues, etc. I'm sure people would look at us cracking up and try and figure out what was wrong with us!