Friday, November 04, 2011

The Wall



We Give Thanks, 2010
Tacka dig!
¡Gracias!
ありがとう!
Thank ya, kindly!
No matter how it is pronounced or in what language it is spoken, "thank you" is one of the most powerful, poignant, and uplifting phrases we can let loose on the world. And, I really believe that. With all of my heart. And soul.

Remember this beautiful wall from last year's "We Give Thanks" hoohah? Every day during November, each member of our family wrote a note of thanks on the wall, and every visitor who entered our home contributed their own thought of gratitude to the poster. Lots of you guys wrote on my poster too via of this here cool Internet thingy, right?!!! Remember? Remember? (Go look!) I just loved reading all of the things for which ya'll were very, very grateful, whether they were small or large, mundane or important, specific or general, all of which I happily added to our wall.

I thought of you guys every time I walked by that big, messy, awesome poster, and it made me feel really great inside. I guess it made me feel so fabulous because I so loved having a bit of my wonderful friends and family in the form of grateful words right there in my kitchen with me (while I burned that darn meatloaf yet again and again and . . . !), and it also made me feel so fabulous because no matter where I looked on that big ol' poster, something very positive and cheerful and perky was staring right back at me. I loved it. Just loved it. Made my day. Every day.

So! Will you pitch in and help me fill my house with warm and grateful thoughts again this year? Okay, let's hear it, everybody! Just post a comment by finishing the phrase, I am thankful for _______, and you will land a big, primo spot on the famous "Wall O' Gratitude!" You can even go incognito with your comment if you happen to be in the Witness Protection Program--I don't care, just gimme some grat. it. tude, dude! I'll post pictures so you too will feel your heart swell, and you may just very well find yourself quite verklempt (just like me *sniff, sniff*)!!!

My bounty is overflowing with gratitude because of the people in my life. Thank you all for being so dear to me.

Wall O' Gratitude, 2011
Gratitude is the fairest blossom
which springs from the soul.
~Henry Ward Beecher




I just couldn't resist . . .

9 comments:

Jacque Gunderson said...

I am grateful for THE SAGERS FAMILY!
And my comfy home, bed, clothes and food. It's on a night like this, with the wind blowing snow, that I am truly grateful and humbled to have a home that is warm and shelters me, ad a husband who works extremely hard to keep it that way.
So many things to be grateful for!!
In November, I like to try ad say prayers of only thanks. Not asking for anything, only thanking Heavenly Father. Truly changes perspective!
Sure love you!!!

Lindsay said...

i am thankful for chocolate, and new socks, and friends, and family, and ice cream, and cameras, and my job, and music, and love!

Jordan said...

I'm thankful for the best family I could possibly wish for. I have a wife I adore, a son who thinks I'm a Jedi Knight, two brothers in-law who couldn't be better men, and mother and father in-law who always make me feel like a son. I never expected to have such an amazing family. I genuinely love each and every person in the Sagers-Haug clan and would consider it a top-notch day to do nothing but be around you. I can't believe how lucky I am. I guess I'm just shocked that you and Dave didn't throw me out of the house when I asked if I could marry Ashley. Thank you Dee for making this blessed life of mine possible.

Oh yeah, I can't forget the super awesome Marian Ha Ha and Grandma B. I was randomly thinking about both of them in my office today and a huge smile just burst out. I'll never get over Grandma B's love for Kimball and Marian's just plain goodness. I miss my family, but I'm grateful that I get to see them again this Christmas.

Lisa said...

My first reaction when I saw this post was: "I love this! May I copy this idea?" And then when I read last year's post, that is exactly what I said last year!!!! I want to think about my reply for this year. After a day of fasting I think I will be ready to reply.

Melissa said...

I am thankful to have a roof over my head. I am thankful for the opportunity I have to share this house with four little kids and an amazing husband. I am thankful for parents and friends who love me no matter what.

You're the best, Deon!

Lisa said...

My understanding and appreciation for the Atonement of Jesus Christ has increased ten fold in the past year...for this, I am profoundly grateful.

Beth said...

I am thankful for my 5 beautiful little granddaughters! They bring so much joy and happiness into my life! (Their Papa ain't to bad either!)

Amy said...

Thankful for prayers and tender mercies. And a Heavenly Father who knows me.

Anonymous said...

The article was very interesting and informative for me. weight loss Read a useful article about tramadol tramadol