Saturday, January 07, 2012

A Few Footnotes . . .




The process that went into making this year's family Christmas card was not completely filled with precision or  exact planning.  Uh, obviously.  I mean, just LOOK at the chaos going on here.  You see, I get these very distinct visions of the end product in my head and then make up the innards on the fly as I haul everyone hither and yon, crossing my fingers that something takes.  
On the other hand, it sure was a hoot and a holler to set up all of the photo shoots while my family good-naturedly rolled their eyes and heavily sighed, "Okay.  NEXT."  Everyone was truly a good sport about engaging in yet another hare-brained idea of mine--even old Dobbin stifled his complaints about having to lug four good-sized adults on his rickety little Radio Flyer.  

My family is simply stellar in indulging me time after time whenever I fling another loopy adventure at them, but I just know they've gotta hate it when they see that lightbulb click to the "on" position over my head.  They roll with it anyway, and I love them for it.  

Over the next few posts, I'll treat you (yeah, right) to a few behind-the-scenes photos of our Christmas card exploits of 2011!  I know!  You're so excited!  Right?


4 comments:

Lisa said...

I've got my popcorn ready for your next installment!

Melissa said...

I think it's high time we went out to lunch. I mean, we live so darn close! Then I can hear about all these adventures in person rather than just via blog and Christmas letter.

OH - and I forgot to mention how much Maddie LOVED that you wrote "The Awesome WIlsons" on our card. Made her day!

Kathleen said...

I loved your card! I am still working on sending mine out. When yours came my mom was like "Who do you know who lives in Utah? Do you have some secret boy who lives in Utah that we don't know about?" She went all nuts. Then I reminded her that it was you and she felt silly. =)

ckm said...

I LOVED your card! Can't wait to see the behind the scenes photos!