Thursday, December 15, 2011

Hey! Is That Mom's Good Waterford Crystal?

I'm going to go out on a limb and state unequivocally that my five siblings and myself could have been every bit as polished as the duo in the video below had we only put a bit more elbow grease into our glass harp skills while dining at our Sunday dinner table.  As it was, I think my mom breathed a huge sigh of relief whenever she got lucky and was able to retrieve her goblets intact and all accounted for after a particularly lively crystal clear (ha!) session.  Mom got absolutely NO help from my dad--he was the worst offender of us all and, if memory serves, was usually the one to start the whole crystal chorus each Sunday.  Or, perhaps it was YOU, Gwyl?!!!  


Do ya know that ear-piercing sound of fingernails running down a chalkboard (made ya shiver, didn't I :})? Sadly, that's about the same rating level our family achieved on the ol' MPM (Musical Pleasure Meter) with our finger/water/goblet efforts, so, by all means, please enjoy this instead:



You should have seen some of the glares we would get from the hoity-toity waitstaff at restaurants whenever we decided to take our show on the road.  What bee got into their bonnets, I wonder?


3 comments:

Jenni Elyse said...

I just barely watched this! It's so cool. I loved it!

Gwyl said...

Yeah, those were the good old days! No music at the dinner table!!! I pretty sure it was dad who was the instigator of these wonderful musical notes. wink wink!

Beth said...

I'm betting on Gwyl! He is always up to his elbows (on the table, I might add!) in some sort of shenanigans! My only questions is, did he have his spoon hanging from his nose while making beautiful music?