Monday, January 16, 2012

What Fun It Is To Ride and Sing a Sleighing Song Tonight!



Behind the Scenes of Our 2011 Christmas Card
Part V:


While cruising along State Street of a neighboring town one day, this "VANSTROSITY" caught my eye (how could it not?), and I just couldn't shake it out of my head.  My first thought was, "Oh. No.  Dave's going to be all over this like a van is all over a snow tread."  Which doesn't make a whit of sense, but neither does this: 

What the whaaaaa?  Hands down, this . . . this . . . this THING (I don't even know what to call it) reigns supreme out of all of Dave's vehicular cravings.  

(Okay, everybody.  Now, when you saw this in our Christmas card, you didn't really think this was our, er, vehicle, did you?  Um, no.  {And, I thank my lucky stars for tender mercies such as this.  And, that's a huge understatement.})

If you don't mind, let's take a moment to reflect on the transportation purchases Dave has previously considered.  Remember this, and this, and this?  Well?  Well?  Did I call it, or did I call it?  This vanstrosity definitely takes the air out of all of those other cars' tires, does it not?!  The train of thought going on here simply escapes me.  

 But, whatev!  It made for a great backdrop for our final pic for our Christmas card, so I'm chalking this one up as one of those gurus of the power of positive thinking win-win dealies! 




Even though I was directing the whole affair, somehow I missed the memo that said we should all pretend to be singing the exact lyrics to Glória in excélsis Deo, instead of grinning from ear to ear as I did.  Oh, bother.

Grinning . . .

Grinning . . . 
 

 Gri . . . oh, never mind.

Yes!  I know, still grinning . . . 



Christian was the man with the fleet feet who set the timer on the camera and literally flew into the shot.  You'd never guess that he helped himself to a burger and some fries along the way.  That kid is a gazelle!

And now, I'd like to offer up a ginormo "thank you" to my long-suffering fam for indulging me in yet another one of my shenanigans featuring the Sagers clan.  I bow at their feet with much respect for their restraint in not completely throttling me at my every whim.  I love my family!

(I'm also hoping to curry a little favor with Dave for my next post coming down the pike.  Just wait.  It's a beauty.)

2 comments:

Melissa said...

...you were in my front yard, and I didn't even know it! Next time come and knock on the door - I'll let ya take that puppy out for a spin!

Lisa said...

Okay. Well first off, let's talk about that coat you are wearing! Girl! To.Die.For. I'm kind of glad to see these behind the scenes posts come to an end. My stomach sides can not take much more! Absolute hilarity!