Sunday, February 19, 2012

Mom





























My beautiful mother with me on my wedding day


If you've been reading my blog over the years, you know how much I adore my mom.  I hope those past posts speak for themselves, because I haven't the heart to write much about her quite yet.  I would like to say that I am so grateful to my Heavenly Father for blessing me with the most wonderful mom a girl could ever, ever, ever ask for.  I have been blessed beyond comprehension to have had my mom in my life.


I would also like to say that I am so grateful to my Heavenly Father for granting my mom her last wishes:  She was able to remain in her own home until the day she died; she passed away in her own bed with her son by her side; she held on to her fiercely protected independence until the very moment of her passing (she had been up walking about her house only moments prior to lying down for the last time); and, she left us without any pain as she simply slipped into sleep as it were.  If that isn't a heaven-sent blessing for all of her loved ones to cherish, I don't know what would be.   


As my heart is still tender and aching, I'll simply share the following video for now.  A world of thanks to my nephew, Bryan, who managed to capture a few precious moments for us to savor and to help fill that big gaping chasm left in our loving hearts.


Oh, how I love my mom.  



I love her.



Click here for the video.



8 comments:

Anonymous said...

sweet dee...I was remembering your wedding day just this morning, and thinking how beautiful you, grandma and her garden of eden backyard were on that day! You looked like an angel...I remember! I was thinking that I hadn't seen so many of our family together since your wedding day, and what a beautiful day it was. I love you so much, and am missing your mom, too. Love, Carla

Amy said...

Your mom sounded like a awesome lady. And that video was a beautiful tribute. Your a pretty awesome lady to. It must run in the family! :). Sending prayers of comfort your way. We sure do love your family!

Xoxo
Amy Livingston

Miss Shelby said...

The video made me cry. Grandma B inspires me so much. I love you and your family. That was a beautiful tribute. :)

Jenni Elyse said...

Both you and Grandma Bea look so beautiful on your wedding day. *hugs*

Bryan did such an amazing job. I loved it. I gave me comfort as I mourn her. She was such an amazing woman and I'm so glad I got to be a part of her life for a little while.

ckm said...

May you find comfort in the memories and in our Heavenly Father's plan of happiness. You have experienced joy. You have been blessed to have had such a wonderful example. She blessed many generations with the example she set.

I am grateful I have a wonderful relationship with my parents and with my own girls. I know I will never be perfect like my Mom (in my eyes) ... and my Julia just told me the same thing. She was chatting with several friends and didn't understand why they were not close with their Mom/parents.

My thoughts and prayers are with you. Thank you to your mother for raising such an amazing daughter who touched me, my family (and especially Julia).

Love
Corin

Lisa said...

The wedding photo of Mom and daughter is priceless. Love you.

Melissa said...

I'm all choked up. I'm sorry for your loss, but so happy for her life and her example to you.

That video was beautiful. I loved the dancing dolls!

Love you!

Ashley said...

Love you grandma.