Friday, March 23, 2012

The Ballad of Mr. Bigg Boots

Back when I was a whiney little kid (I've told you before that I used to be a champion four-year-old whiner, so you should not be judging me like you are this very moment {I know you are, so don't deny it}), so, yeah, way back when I was not only a champion whiner but also a world-class tomboy, I had a love for shoes.  "Love" does not even come close.  We're talkin' obsession, adoration, covetousness, envyings, infatuation, passion, and one single, sane, and balanced brain cell away from possessing a true fetish for shoes.  Specifically, high heels.   

Imagine (if you dare!) a squirrely little tomboy all dressed up in her older brother's Levi's cutoffs, brown plaid snap-down shirt, sporting a pixie haircut and enough bruised limbs to alarm any DCFS agent, all the while sporting these gorgeous shoes on her little feet:

These shoes were favorites of mine.  Unfortunately, they were favorites of my mother's as well.  My mom purchased them on a chartered trip to Mexico which she, my dad, and some other doctor friends took when I was four years old (the year my whininess peaked).  I loved stomping around in these shoes, but my mother feared for their lives stating that I would break the arches with my too-small feet.  I tried to obey her.  I did.  But, sometimes the beautiful ruby red shoes got the best of me, and I threw caution to the wind and just went for it.  


As of about three years ago, those shoes are mine.  My mom passed them off to me just like a senior graduating class passes along to the junior class all of the trade secrets about how to break into the principal's office.  Say what now?


All of this nonsense leads to the video below.  It does my heart good to see Kimball following in his Deedee's footsteps, particularly since he is wearing Papa's boots and Christian's creepy shoes while doing it and not Grandma Bea's ruby red slippers. Hello!



For some reason I now have a real hankerin' to shake a tambourine.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

While you grab your tambourine, I am going to slip into my white go-go boots.

Ashley said...

We loved watching this together! I love when his boot gets turned completely backwards, and when you can see Jordan's happy face joining us for just a second. Kimball was sure in his element...that kid loves to dress up!

Morris Family said...

I LOVE IT!!! My heart just smiled!

Beth said...

That was the cutest Mr. Boots dance I have ever seen! Aren't Grandkids the best!!!!

Kathleen said...

I love it! Kimball is TOO cute!! I'd love to see him in a pair of Grandma DeeDee's platform heels.