Saturday, March 10, 2012

FOUR! FYRA!


Okay.  We're not messing around here anymore, guys.  F-f-f-f-f-f-f-four more days!  I don't think my heart can take it.  Are you guys doing what I asked?  As in, invoking heaven on my behalf?  I'm much obliged to you for that.  Dave is too.  He knows very well that he'll have one hot mess on his hands if I'm left to my own devices.  I think Dave will even send you a bouquet of flowers if you pray hard enough so that I don't end up seeking major retail therapy while using our joint credit card.  Name your color; if I know Dave, the flowers will be on their way to you in a New York minute.  Sending a bouquet of flowers is certain to be much, much cheaper than my retail therapy.  Dave's no fool; he's been around this block before . . . .


Christian is so excited and confident and prepared for this mission.  I am so grateful to him for his examples of love and obedience and faith.  Oh, how he teaches me!  He teaches me much more than I teach him, and I am so determined to be more like him in every way.  I know, I know.  I've said it before, but how could a mother be so blessed?  Goodness to pete.  

2 comments:

ckm said...

His preparation and dedication speaks volumes of his parents. As for the retail therapy request, maybe you could adopt Julia (she misses home) ... she's not a shopper.

Kathleen said...

I've heard of "for Pete's sake" and "food goodness sake" but never "goodness to pete". Are you making up new catch phrases? Is Dave trying to rock the messy hair look like his son? You have done an excellent job raising such a fine young man, now let him go into the world and share all you've taught him with the rest of the world.