Sunday, March 11, 2012

THREE! TRE!

Whew.  It's been a loooooong day.  But a good day.  A very, very good day.  I'll post more about it after I get my young elder tucked in safely at his new home-away-from-home.  Heaven knows I'll be needing  to do something productive with myself to stay out of trouble after he is gone, and I might as well blog my little brains out.  Sidebar:  Can blogging be deemed productive?  I'll go ahead and give that a big, hunkin' "yes"  because it serves me well in this particular discussion.  Funny how one-sided conversations lend themselves so easily to the convenience of proving one's point.  And, guess what?  I kinda like it. 


Ah.  But, for now, let me just say that I could not have been a prouder mama than I was today.  My young elder stood straight and tall and spoke the Lord's truth like a man.  Like a very wise and learned man.  Jeepers, how I love him!  Jeepers, how I will miss him! 
I am so in awe of my children.  They are exceeding me in every possible way.  
My mantra is to just stay out of their way and "do no harm."  
I love my family more than anything in this world!!!


Please ignore the fact that my hair is attacking Christian.  See?  Every part of me is drawn to this awesome guy!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Forget the three days! We must talk about YOU! Girl! That outfit! Absolutely FABULOUS! You are rockin' the mother of the missionary look!

Juliette said...

LOVE this family picture, you guys are one good lookin' bunch! Good luck this week, I know he will be a great missionary!

Shane, Liz and all the Crew said...

I am praying for you Deon! Only one thing better than sending a missionary out....welcoming him home!! (I have another one working on his papers right now.)

Good Luck to you all, especially Elder Sagers!!

much love,
Liz

Jenni Elyse said...

That's a great picture of all of you. Thanks for inviting us to the farewell. Christian did such a great job on his talk. It was nice to be able to wish him luck. I hope you're holding in there.