Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Don't Try This At Home, Boys and Girls!

A big shout-out to Jordan and Kimball who introduced me to the awesome video below.  The video is so awesome, in fact, that it caused me to sit completely rapt for exactly 6:06 minutes, slack-jawed, horrified, and amused all at once.  That's quite the dance party mash-up.


Now, it's your turn:


Make sure you have your volume up; 
the accompanying music contributes to at least half of the coolness factor here. 

I know!  Right?! Too bad this spiffy Phantom Flex somethin' somethin' slo-mo camera thingy used for this video wasn't around when we were kids because suddenly what was deemed as pretty darn naughty by my parents most certainly would have magically become supercalifragilisticexpialidociously spectacular if seen in slo-mo like this!  Stupidity captured at 2500 frames per second indeed!

I'm pretty positive that my older brothers pulled off several of these antics back in the day.  In fact, I'm sure of it cuz we always had Bic lighters a-go-go floating all around our house, and now we all see why.  That big carpet burn in one brother's bedroom?  That's just small potatoes. And, I don't think my mom ever fully recovered from all of the homemade rockets and huge floating candle lanterns made out of dry-cleaning bags sent whizzing into either the neighbors' dead trees or onto their tinder-in-waiting-dry-as-the-desert rooftops.  Some of those rockets often contained a cargo load of insects, some of which were subsequently burned at the stake by a powerful magnifying glass if they had the (un)lucky fate of surviving the blastoff and landing. Or, if not them, then it was their tiny little aunts and uncles who did the Joan of Arc thing.  And, don't even get me started on the blow darts and the neighbors' cats.  You don't even want to know . . . 

But, my!  What great footage my scarred-for-life childhood experiences would have provided had we owned one of these Phantom Flex camera thingys!  It just goes to show that one's perspective of tom foolery can be viewed as either wickedly mischievous or as cool as all get out--just depends on your camera.  Yes, ye brothers of mine?  

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

i would very much like to blow things up in slow motion. i have a couple of brothers, a brother-in-law, and a very enthusiastic father who i am certain would be willing to join in. maybe at the next family reunion :)

Kathleen said...

I have a few brothers i'd like to blow up...i mean =) I think that was a sad waste of some coca-cola product there. Why didn't they just use pepsi?! I liked the red wine in the microwave oven. I wonder if it was a bottle of wine or a box of wine.

Beth said...

I'm afraid to even ask which older brother you are referring too! I hope that you aren't too scarred, let's blow something up (and not the neighbors cat!)!