Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Hey Everybody! Hope Your Easter Was Eggceptional!



Our Easter?  Well, I had the privilege of speaking in church on Easter Sunday, which meant that the Easter Bunny barely managed to make his rounds with a meager collection of candy which may or may not have included a smattering of jelly beans, a bunch of recycled chocolate and not one dyed Easter egg.  It's all about priorities, boys and girls. And, my priorities the Easter Bunny's priorities included not standing at a miked wooden podium woefully unprepared.  Thankfully, the sacrifice of dyed Easter eggs in exchange for talk preparation was worth it.  At least, for me.  And, for Dave?  His personal package of black licorice jelly beans (ew, gross) found in his Easter basket seemed to pacify him well enough.  Whatever it takes.


So!  We'll be dyeing our Easter eggs this week!  Better late than never!  And, you're all invited!  WOOT, WOOT!  TOOT, TOOT!  C'mon over one and all!  We're '"DYEING" to have you!  Sorry.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

This is one party you don't want me at. I promise!

Jenni Elyse said...

First, I love that comic! It's so typical of people. And, people will probably say that about me in a few days since I'm going back to purple! I'm so excited!

I haven't dyed eggs in so many years. I need to just for the heck of it. I use to eat a hard-boiled egg for breakfast everyday. Who says you have to wait until Easter to dye eggs?! Maybe, I'll just dye them for the fun of it. :)

I hope your talk went well. Speaking in church is one of my least favorite things to do. Fortunately, I haven't had to do it all that much since being married. *knock on wood*

Deon said...

Oh, no! Jenni, I hope you didn't just jinx yourself about the talk! I'm sure you didn't. Hopefully. No, you didn't. Hopefully. Nah, I'm sure you're okay. Hopefully. Haha! Just kidding!

Yay for your purple hair! Along with seeing the first robin, your purple hair signals the beginning of spring/summer which is my favorite time of the year!!!