Saturday, April 21, 2012

Me? Wigging Out?

Just because I sniffle and boohoo a little bit nearly every day as I say humble prayers for my young elder, and just because I stand wistfully at his bedroom door looking in, and just because I refuse to pack away his yellow sneakers and his red sneakers that lay about our mudroom, don't think that I'm freaking out!  I've got things under control.  At least, as far as Christian knows.  Poor Dave, though.  All I've got to say is that he is one patient man.  And, johnny-on-the-spot with a Kleenex.

Seriously, though.  I'm as proud as a pickle of Christian and wouldn't want him to be doing anything else at this time of his life.  What an awesome example of goodness and righteousness and dedication he is to me!  Jeepers, I love him so!


*Well, looky there!  We're at exactly 1 month, 7 days and counting . . . 

4 comments:

Shane, Liz and all the Crew said...

Not many of us know we are doing EXACTLY what the Lord wants us to be doing! Lucky Christian! and Lucky Mom to have such a good boy!!

love ya!

liz

Melissa said...

Maybe you can get involved in something that makes you feel like you're "helping" him while he's gone. Start lining up potential daughters-in-law, and I promise you'll feel closer by the minute! :) Nothing like bragging about your son to complete strangers to make you feel good!

Lisa said...

Did I tell you that Coco sent a box home of things she no longer needed on her mission. In the box were some scarves. I pulled them out and THEY SMELLED LIKE HER! I had to find a chair! And a tissue! That was a tough one!

Emily Ann said...

Deon, you are the cutest darn thing EVER! I miss his ketchup and mustard shoes oh so much! When he decided to go "wild" he would wear one of each! TOO CUTE! I miss my dearest best friend.